• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant breeds

Limit

Warren Scout
So, we're awaiting the arrival of the kennel which we had to change companies for. I've opted for a 12x5x6 ft Kennel with the hope to expand in the future. Now we also are looking to adopt in the spring time or sooner if we're able to and I am completely in love with Giant breeds. I'm aware how much bigger they are and I understand that this probably would not be a big enough space for a giant and a lop? Binky has access to a good 8 hours free range (or less) if the weather permits it and someone is at home with her which of course is a very large space for her to hop and play in. I'm assuming that if we are to say 60 sq.ft is the minimum for normal - small breeds then it would be doubled for a giant? It's probably a long shot in looking at giant breeds to adopt but I'd still like to know a bit more about their needs compared to the 'normal' sized rabbits. I am fascinated by them and would some day love to be able to care for one, perhaps not now though! We aren't too bothered with what breed, size or age rabbit we adopt; we're simply hoping to get a loving husbun for binky as it's for her own welfare (although I'd never say no to having another bun to the family hmm :lol:) Would appreciate any information, would like to expand my knowledge. :)

It all depends on the type of giant. Flemmish, English, conti etc. Each to their own really.

If I remember correctly, it's recommended at least 120 to 130 sqft for a pair of giant rabbits, but obviously bigger is better.

Many giant owners have their giants living inside free range at all times so they have over 500sqft (on average) of space at all times.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought it was doubled for the Giants! I do think it's best to keep them free range in a house, they aren't much different to a dog! Thanks for replying! :)

My big man is a free range house bunny. I can't really conceive of the idea of keeping him confined!

Back