• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor rabbit room.

loobers25

Warren Veteran
So since we finished charlies room my boyfriend came home with another bun called Toby. They are both males and do not wish to bond them. However, I would like to move the rabbit room to the biggest room and divide it so they can have free range side by side. I am having a creativity block and can't think how I can safely divide the room. I like picket fences however I don't them being able to claw each other through the gaps.
Thoughts?

You can use weldmesh and create a panel using a framework of wood. This will stop them nipping each other. Both being male is no barrier to bonding, so long as they were both neutered at least 6 weeks ago.

You think I could bond ? Toby is 15 weeks and Charlie is 6 years? That's a good idea I will tell my bf

You think I could bond ? Toby is 15 weeks and Charlie is 6 years? That's a good idea I will tell my bf

Yes, but they both need to have been neutered for at least 6 weeks to allow the hormones to subside. Lots of people have bonded 2 males successfully.

I think it is possible that they will bond successfully. However, I think you will stand a better chance if they don't "meet" each other before Toby is neutered. If you divide a room between two bucks, one of which is entire, there is a chance they will be aggressive towards each other. If this happened, in my view, the chances of bonding would be slimmer.

I think it is possible that they will bond successfully. However, I think you will stand a better chance if they don't "meet" each other before Toby is neutered. If you divide a room between two bucks, one of which is entire, there is a chance they will be aggressive towards each other. If this happened, in my view, the chances of bonding would be slimmer.

Just what I was about to say ...

Back