• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paper................

Hi all, my Alfie free ranges the house all day and often comes to a little spot under my bed for a nap. Today I find he has been eating paper and I think it has been going on for some time. Is he missing something in his diet or is it just a "rabbit thing"?

Am I panicking over nothing or are inks, dyes etc an issue? (he seems to be in perfect health)

Rod

Obviously it's not ideal for him to be eating it so do your best to prevent it happening.
Inks can be harmful but he's have to eat so much of it over such a period of time that I doubt anything has happened to him.

What is his diet? Does he eat lots of hay

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He's probably just nibbling because that's a bunny thing to do, or he might be reorganising the space. If you don't mind, you could leave him a snack under there and it might deter him :)

Thanks for the replies, he has a large toilet which has a large selection of lucerne, meadow hay and oaten hay. He likes to sit in there for a "chew and poo". I have found giving him hay outside the toilet leeds to two toilets! I've tried a hay cage and he pulls it all out and now we have three toilets.

I've never had a Rabbit until Feb this years and am doing my best to learn super fast. To me he is a healthy, happy animal. (and he is getting smoochier)

Rod

He's probably just nibbling because that's a bunny thing to do, or he might be reorganising the space. If you don't mind, you could leave him a snack under there and it might deter him :)

............and the coincidence is Maddy named him "Alfie Nibbles" *LOL* (boy did she get that right)

Rod

Pains in the bum, aren't they :lol: What about sticks to chew? Mine sometimes enjoy giving a stick a good chew even over soft forage :)

Yes he is but we love him *LOL*. I tried him on lemon tree wood when younger, might try that again. He also has hard seed chew bars which he seems to love.

Rod

Last edited:
Back