• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Naughty Ted frightening Daddy (and us all) *been admitted, not eating

Kara

Warren Veteran
Nathan went to release Ted and knew straight away something was up as Ted didn't try and gnaw his way out of the door whilst it was being unlocked, neither had he eaten his food (but he did eat his pre overnight pellets at around 5pm)

He found him hunched in his litter tray, off to the vets I went :thumb: I could feel that his tummy wasn't right & he let me stroke him :lol:

Cate gave him pain relief, sub cut fluids, gut stimulant and I think another thing, Sarah 1991 suggested it could have been Ranitadine? I'll find out later.

I just called to check on him as Cate said it would be better for them to monitor him, I thought that was best too :thumb: He' doing well they said, had food and will let me know in a couple of hours how he is!

C'mon Ted sort it out :lol:

Nathan went to release Ted and knew straight away something was up as Ted didn't try and gnaw his way out of the door whilst it was being unlocked, neither had he eaten his food (but he did eat his pre overnight pellets at around 5pm)

He found him hunched in his litter tray, off to the vets I went :thumb: I could feel that his tummy wasn't right & he let me stroke him :lol:

Cate gave him pain relief, sub cut fluids, gut stimulant and I think another thing, Sarah 1991 suggested it could have been Ranitadine? I'll find out later.

I just called to check on him as Cate said it would be better for them to monitor him, I thought that was best too :thumb: He' doing well they said, had food and will let me know in a couple of hours how he is!

C'mon Ted sort it out :lol:

Oh nooo what a shock!

I hope you get a good report shortly.

Any idea what could've caused it Kara?

Well, thinking back to yesterday I gave them all a bit of basil each (got a massive bunch for tom sauce making)

I am sure S&S have had it before.....anyway that was the only difference yesterday, he is molting right now too and he is not a fan of being brushed, I try and get him as & when...

I am kicking myself a bit as he was laid out last night, he often DBF's and this was no different, so would I have known? I don't know!

Well, thinking back to yesterday I gave them all a bit of basil each (got a massive bunch for tom sauce making)

I am sure S&S have had it before.....anyway that was the only difference yesterday, he is molting right now too and he is not a fan of being brushed, I try and get him as & when...

I am kicking myself a bit as he was laid out last night, he often DBF's and this was no different, so would I have known? I don't know!

If it was no different to a normal DBF, and your instinct didn't tell you anything, then I guess there's no way you *could* have known!

perhaps it's the moulting ... Big winter coat coming in :D

Ooh no, only just seen this :( Poor Ted :( Sending loads of vibes for his operation and lots of hugs for you.

Oh no, does he have an obstruction ? :cry:

Yes, Cate xrayed as she said he still felt doughy abs was worried he'd not last the night. She's so lovely, they all are there actually. Massive gas pocket and a mass, just can't work it out, the other 2 eat everything they shouldn't but he hasn't so far or so u thought.

He's in the best place and we're thankful we can make the choice to help him the best we can xx

Thanks all x and sorry for dreadful spelling!

They called at 6 and and said they will update in a couple of hours xx

Back