• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal Friendly Disnfectant?

anon101

Banned
Can somebody recommend a good one?

Im looking for one to clean food bowls/water bowls and cages, that will kill germs but be safe for the buns.

Is Dettol any good?

Oh, and not be tested on animals!!!

Louise

There is a cage and bottle cleaner that is really good, but i can't think who makes it

Will get back to you on that one.

Keep it Clean is a fab cleaner from Supreme petfoods. They dont test on animals and it is non toxic. Obviously if you use it on dishes etc you need to rinse it but it is safe if ingested. Its a multi purpose cleaner that works on all surfaces etc. I use it with the furries. Comes in three scents, lemon, coconut and lavander/

Animal friendly disenfectent

I use Tamodine E it is a iodine based product and kills viruses, fungus,bacteria and the like.

It's perfectly safe and I've used it for the last 4 years with no problems.

For food bowls etc I just use very hot soapy water and sterlise all water bottles in a milton solution for 30 mins every week.

:D Tracy - you old Devil - well not sooo much of the old eh gal! - wondered when I' see your name appear - its the mad Bunny woman from Bromsgrove here !! - Cagney adopted from you (ex speedy) stole my heart in May and continues to do so --- she sends a hug xx - Hope your open day went well.

Yep I can also vouch for Tamodine - I use this and normally purchase from Vet Ark - its really good and kills lots of the well known viruses.
Not so sweet smelling as soom of the more Pet shoppy type of cleaners but it does its job.

Over and Out.

Hi Louise,
I use Virkon. You can buy it at pets at home/petsmart and also from some vets.
It comes in powder form that you mix up with a measured amount of water.
It is used by veterinary surgeries and is proved to kill a very high percentage of germs and bacteria.
It is safe to use in the hutch and with food and water containers.

hth

Call me crazy but I use Antibacterial Fairy Liquid to clean out hutches and hot hot water. All the food bowls and bottles go in the dishwasher.

Lazy mummy

Re: Animal friendly disenfectent

rngpwelfare said:
I use Tamodine E it is a iodine based product and kills viruses, fungus,bacteria and the like.

It's perfectly safe and I've used it for the last 4 years with no problems.

For food bowls etc I just use very hot soapy water and sterlise all water bottles in a milton solution for 30 mins every week.
Hi Tracy, is the milton solution the same stuff you use for baby bottles etc?

Angela

Back