• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bugs in pellets

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
So just noticed today that there are little bugs in the rabbits pellets, weevils perhaps?

I buy in 20kg sacks from Allen and Page and never had this problem before. It is the end of the sack (we kept it decanted into a plastic box, which, now I think about it, had hay in it previously, so that could be the problem as I don't think I washed it out).

It'll be a few days before I can get a new sack delivered. What should I do in the mean time in regards to feeding the buns?

Thanks.

Sounds horrible! Don't know what to suggest - can you buy a bag from pet shop or can you only buy on-line? I never buy pellets in large quantities as 2 rabbits, so only 2 egg cups a day.

Sounds horrible! Don't know what to suggest - can you buy a bag from pet shop or can you only buy on-line? I never buy pellets in large quantities as 2 rabbits, so only 2 egg cups a day.

I only have two as well. It's just the only size bag the pellets come in. I have just ordered another bag, and they are usually fairly quick with delivery, so I expect Tuesday hopefully. I'll just give them extra hay and veg until then.

And try not to make eye contact with them as they sit at their food bowl and stare at me!

I only have two as well. It's just the only size bag the pellets come in. I have just ordered another bag, and they are usually fairly quick with delivery, so I expect Tuesday hopefully. I'll just give them extra hay and veg until then.

And try not to make eye contact with them as they sit at their food bowl and stare at me!

Lola does this to me! When it is coming up to pellet time she will go and sit next to her empty bowl. Practically with her chin it it. She used to shred newspaper and fill the empty bowl with the tiny shreds too :lol:

I keep finding tiny black bugs in Cookies room, they crawl everywhere. I can only think they came out of our bale of hay.

Back