• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New shed for bunnies! WIP - Pic Heavy (will update)

Hi I'm waiting delivery of a shed to add to our bunnies hutch & run...we want to use a cat flap too. Did yours take to it ok?

Christine x
Sorry for late reply...on holiday in Somerset and no mobile signal or WiFi [emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33]
I got my catflap from ebay for about £5.
Got big size even though have minilops. I prop it up everyday so they have access to run but i do lock them in shed at night as run not secure yet and think had fox in garden.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks...I cant wait to get the shed in & converted & attached to their hutch & run...hubby is not a happy bunny:D

I will sleep easier now the weather is getting colder when they have the shed too. Mind you this morning it was raining & really cold...they both sat out in the run. Aaarrgh. Hubby will go mad if they don't use the shed They don't use the hutch bedroom...its a 2 tier big one. They just sit out in the run. Frustrating. I hope its because they are still warm enough, not that they don't realise.

I thought mine spent all their time in the run because when i went to bed around midnight they were always in it and still there when i got up around 6. Last week i couldnt sleep to went out and couldnt see them. Opened the shed and they were snuggled up in their carrier full of straw all nice and cozy. I do sleep a bit better now. xx

They don't use the hutch bedroom...its a 2 tier big one. They just sit out in the run. Frustrating. I hope its because they are still warm enough, not that they don't realise.

I'm still undecided over whether to buy a small hutch / large hide to go in my shed but I'm sticking with the carrier with straw just now as this is what I'm thinking might happen :lol: I'm not sure if my fosters would use a hutch any more than they would a carrier so I'm loathe to fork out for one that won't get used (or will just get used as a gnaw toy!).

I got a medium sized cat flap from Argos for my shed, was a bit concerned that my current fosters wouldn't fit through as they are a bit on the chubby side but they've been absolutely fine and use it no problem.

I just looked at all the pictures of the process of your new thread. I love this thread and the pictures. Cute lucky bunnies.

My lot loved having their in shed hutch. They would all sit on top of it (under the table) in a fluffy little row xxxx

I will be getting it once I do another van load from Wales!

Hi... haven't posted in a long while as we've had a lot of work on our house (new extension and kitchen![emoji2] ) so poor Cuddles and Clover's building work has been on hiatus.

However, as it's been a nice couple of weeks we've been out in the garden laying a 2 new lawns: main lawn and one for rabbits. The rabbits' lawn has mesh under to stop digging [emoji6]

We've left the grass for 3 weeks to grow, the bunnies have been going stir crazy as they've been stuck in their shed most of the time (they have spent some time in run, but it's been on patio).

This weekend I've replaced the run, built a mesh tunnel connecting the run to the shed and finally let them into the run on the grass!!

I'll upload photos of the work later [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back