• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New shed for bunnies! WIP - Pic Heavy (will update)

spinecho

Warren Scout
As part of our house and garden improvements which so far has involved tearing up a raised decking area and knocking down a concrete ornamental flowerbed (filled one skip with rubble :shock:) and returfing the garden we have decided to move our two bonded mini-lops, Clover & Cuddles, into their own shed.
After much searching, we decided on a 7x5ft shiplap shed which will have a run attached.

Here are some photos of the work!

Cleared the base:

Base and three walls up:

Thanks to my Father-in-Law!

Finished shed:

Also put up a 10x6ft shed for storage. There will be a permanent run in the area between the two sheds which will be turfed (with galvanised mesh under turf to stop bunnies digging out and undesirables digging in:D). Access for the bunnies from shed to run will be via a catflap (currently on order from eBay):

New hidey-hole:

Found an offcut of lino for a bargain £29! Putting that down in few days:

Bunnies cannot wait to move into their new shed...their old hutches/runs (you can just see Clover sat on her hidey-hole on the right run, no sign of Cuddles!):

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive replies!

Ready for more???

Just finished laying lino and batoning it down so bunnies can't chew it [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Cuddles and Clover ignoring their new hidey hole!!!

Clover...."you expect me to go in there?!?" [emoji6] [emoji6]

Quick question if I may?

I've seen other sheds that have an inner mesh door/aviary door.
Those who have bunny sheds, did you buy your inner door or make?
If make...how difficult was it and any tips? I'm not brilliant at DIY, but I'm getting better!!![emoji6] [emoji106] [emoji6]

I made my mini-gate to stop them escaping when I open the door, it's wonky as anything but does the job :thumb:

New photos!!![emoji6]

1st job today... putting a catch on shed door to keep it open.

Found a local place that makes/sells aviary panels & doors.
Bought a door for £25-bargain!

2nd job.... Put door on shed!

3rd job... Catch on aviary door to keep door closed (can see bottom right of door)

Only problem is, the aviary door is lower than shed door....guess how many times I've bashed my head already?!? [emoji23]
Which leads me into 4th job...."Mind your Head" sign!![emoji23] [emoji23]

Hopefully bunnies will be given the keys to their new home in the next day. [emoji106] [emoji106]

You have done a great job with that, lucky bunnies. Well done on getting the aviary door. We made ours, but it was really fiddly and I regret not meshing the inner door, as it's a bit dark in there. Here's a pic, but you may have seen it on my thread x

Also, it's a bit of a pain climbing over the bottom section, but the idea was that they can't run out when we open the door.

Last edited:
You have done a great job with that, lucky bunnies. Well done on getting the aviary door. We made ours, but it was really fiddly and I regret not meshing the inner door, as it's a bit dark in there. Here's a pic, but you may have seen it on my thread x

Also, it's a bit of a pain climbing over the bottom section, but the idea was that they can't run out when we open the door.
That looks brilliant, TheThreeB's!
I did toy with the idea of making my own, but I couldn't have made it as cheaply as I bought new one! Also, my DIY "skills" are sorely lacking[emoji23] [emoji23]

@TheThreeB's..bet climbing over bottom section isn't as much of a pain as bashing your head every time[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Yeah, by the time we got the mesh, wood and tools, we have probably spent more, although I do have lots of mesh left for other things.

It's all my dh's handy-work, I mostly passed him the tacks lol :lol: x

Back