• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what breed is best for me?

just a thought on the lionheads. If you do have to leave them home with your parents will they be able to get them out of the hutch/run to groom them and then put them back. They can be high maintenance buns. I think you should leave it to your heart to decide. when you go to a rescue if you fall in love with a couple of buns it wont matter what they look like, i think the buns stories themselves can help people choose too. xx

I'm thanks for the advise - i get your point and understand it would be cruel to get a young rabbit just to have to leave it 4 years later hence why I am aiming to rescue an older rabbit and give it a large home for the remainder of its life which will make it much happier then if it was in a rescue. :) also btw my parents were the ones suggesting getting rabbits and absolutely loved the ones we had when I was little (which they looked after). Thanks again - I'm leaning towards lion heads now....
I'd also like to point out one other thing, I've in the past rescued much older pets (8yr old guinea pigs) in the aim of giving them a good retirement home, thinking they'll be around for maybe around year. They lived to just over 11 years. Just be prepared, it doesn't always work as you plan.

Definitely have your parents in on the adoption process and get them to help chose personalities etc as if they do end up caring for them, they'll need to feel confident they can cope with handling etc (especially if they are getting older).

Maybe look into housing that they would find easy to clean etc but still of a suitable size (60sqft, at least 12ftsq as sheltered accommodation). Maybe a hutch/run combo which has the hutch at the top, with the run extending underneath and backwards so the hutch is easy to access from the front without climbing into a run.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back