Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your bunnies share?

Default Do your bunnies share?

As title really...

I've just been sat watching Daphne and Phoebe move around the house side by side until they came across a sisal toy. Phoebe laid down next to Daphne who was sat chewing. Next I know Phoebe has the toy between her front paws and they're both chewing and taking turns.

They do it with forage etc as well.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Wise Old Thumper

Yes, all three of them definitely with forage. They've just had some apple leaves and I don't think that any leaf was eaten by just one rabbit. They steal bits out of each other's mouths too, although there's never any aggression. It just seems to be accepted and probably adds to the experience.

Sharing is never on my bunnies agenda- stealing is

Bella & Bertie are very good at sharing, and they take turns grooming each other too.

Poppet & Cookie used to steal from each other all the time

Mama Doe

one quad steals and runs off with stolen items and the other quad eat out of eat others mouths quite happily. The nethies both share nice. They mainly run away and hide to eat carrot because its a treat thats only given very occasionally and in a small amount, so they like to know they are getting their share i think

Only sometimes! They will happily eat next to each other and play with toys but sometimes there's certainly going to be no sharing! For example the other night as part of their greens they had carrot tops (poppy's favourite) and an apple slice (oreo's) favourite and they both zoomed straight for them and immediately picked them up and ran off at speed...Unfortunately they both ran to the same little tray and froze unsure what to do. They both decided the other was busy and got on with munching!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    As title really...

I've just been sat watching Daphne and Phoebe move around the house side by side until they came across a sisal toy. Phoebe laid down next to Daphne who was sat chewing. Next I know Phoebe has the toy between her front paws and they're both chewing and taking turns.

They do it with forage etc as well.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

On the whole, across the spectrum of bunnies I have known ...probably not really

Ours never did, they used to snatch food out of each other's mouths but since Hiro got poorly they definitely do! I haven't seen any snatching for months and Sy always moves over and makes room for him when he comes over to eat or play. It's incredibly sweet and I always question if I'm imagining it but I'm sure that I'm not. Sy is so understanding these days

Ronnie shares, he also steals, I caught him many times on the second level of the guinea hutch, eating their pellets, he jumped up there. So I put the bowl of pellets on the top level which is only accessible by a narrow ramp which I thought was only big enough for the pigs to climb - wrong! The food was still going down faster than normal, until I couldn't find him, I searched the entire garden and the buns hutch with no sign of him. That was until I hard the pigs chattering away at something which was riling them, I opened the door and there was Ronnie tucking into their pellets, he had managed to squeeze up the little ramp - the floppy eared thief!

Yes, unless it's parsnip.