• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies share?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
As title really...

I've just been sat watching Daphne and Phoebe move around the house side by side until they came across a sisal toy. Phoebe laid down next to Daphne who was sat chewing. Next I know Phoebe has the toy between her front paws and they're both chewing and taking turns.

They do it with forage etc as well.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes, all three of them definitely with forage. They've just had some apple leaves and I don't think that any leaf was eaten by just one rabbit. They steal bits out of each other's mouths too, although there's never any aggression. It just seems to be accepted and probably adds to the experience.

Bella & Bertie are very good at sharing, and they take turns grooming each other too.

Poppet & Cookie used to steal from each other all the time :D

one quad steals and runs off with stolen items and the other quad eat out of eat others mouths quite happily. The nethies both share nice. They mainly run away and hide to eat carrot because its a treat thats only given very occasionally and in a small amount, so they like to know they are getting their share i think :lol:

Only sometimes! They will happily eat next to each other and play with toys but sometimes there's certainly going to be no sharing! For example the other night as part of their greens they had carrot tops (poppy's favourite) and an apple slice (oreo's) favourite and they both zoomed straight for them and immediately picked them up and ran off at speed...Unfortunately they both ran to the same little tray and froze unsure what to do. They both decided the other was busy and got on with munching!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As title really...

I've just been sat watching Daphne and Phoebe move around the house side by side until they came across a sisal toy. Phoebe laid down next to Daphne who was sat chewing. Next I know Phoebe has the toy between her front paws and they're both chewing and taking turns.

They do it with forage etc as well.

On the whole, across the spectrum of bunnies I have known ...probably not really :lol:

Ours never did, they used to snatch food out of each other's mouths :lol: but since Hiro got poorly they definitely do! I haven't seen any snatching for months and Sy always moves over and makes room for him when he comes over to eat or play. It's incredibly sweet and I always question if I'm imagining it but I'm sure that I'm not. Sy is so understanding these days :love:

Ronnie shares, he also steals, I caught him many times on the second level of the guinea hutch, eating their pellets, he jumped up there. So I put the bowl of pellets on the top level which is only accessible by a narrow ramp which I thought was only big enough for the pigs to climb - wrong! The food was still going down faster than normal, until I couldn't find him, I searched the entire garden and the buns hutch with no sign of him. That was until I hard the pigs chattering away at something which was riling them, I opened the door and there was Ronnie tucking into their pellets, he had managed to squeeze up the little ramp - the floppy eared thief! :lol:

Nope - 'what's mine is mine - and what's yours in mine too' is the motto with my buns :D - especially Fenugreeks....mind you, daft eejits also steal strands of hay off each other too, even though there's loads more strands available :roll::love:

Only sometimes! They will happily eat next to each other and play with toys but sometimes there's certainly going to be no sharing! For example the other night as part of their greens they had carrot tops (poppy's favourite) and an apple slice (oreo's) favourite and they both zoomed straight for them and immediately picked them up and ran off at speed...Unfortunately they both ran to the same little tray and froze unsure what to do. They both decided the other was busy and got on with munching!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[emoji38] the girls sometimes do this with favourite treats too. Only difference is Phoebe won't settle to eat until she's away from Daphne. By which time Daphne has finished eating and starts hunting down Phoebe.

They have their own special kind of 'sharing' :D It's not aggressive but it is high-octane-chasing sometimes! they were adorably sharing a cucumber end this morning and then one of them (no idea who, could've been either) decided it was only for them and tried to make off with it so then the other one decided to do the same and it all ended in a mad dash around, grabbing it off each other :roll: :lol: With the carrot peelings it's very much 'what's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine'! OH says because I don't have siblings I've never experienced this and therefore that's why I don't understand!

Aboleth's good at eating something on a step etc., dropping it (she's not the daintiest eater), forgetting she even had it and going after Lopsy for whatever he's got. He usually finds hers after a few minutes :lol:

Hi

Mine groom each other & eat pellets from same bowl, but when it comes to veggies etc, Lilah will snatch & run. Takes things off Frankie all the time bless him. He looks dumbstruck when she does it. So of late ive started to put the veggies in, let Lilah tuck in then put more in another area for Frankie. But if she spots him she dashes over to take it. He just lets her.

She does the same with toys too, especially the plant pots, which they both love as nice & light for throwing. Even though she has one, as soon as she notices Frankie with one, she drops hers & takes his. Madam she is:roll:

Ive never noticed with toys but with food/veggies/treats they run away from each other cause there both thieves!

Back