• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Our Trio -Diary-Update 11/9 (Pic Heavy)

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

So our long awaited attempt to bond Buffy, Sydney and Theo has begun :)

We spent a few hours sat in the shed with them yesterday and I don't think I could be any happier with our first go.

It was so lovely to see them with each other. There was no aggression, growling or fighting. Plenty of humping (usually Theo on Buffy), but she let him know. We did intervene on the occasions when he tried to mount her head, as I know this could result in a serious injury for him!

I think Sydney is quite taken with Buffy. He would calmly approach her and sit next to her and lower his head (I read online this might be a request for grooming?) - although she's not giving in that easily.

All three were relaxed, eating and drinking, napping and cleaning themselves.

Theo made a bit of a nuisance of himself. He would have a crazy few minutes of chasing around and trying to hump them both. Then he would have a quick nap to re-charge then he'd be off again.

We joked that Sydney could be the potential boyfriend / husband and Theo the slightly annoying friend :lol:

Here's a few pics (Buffy is white / Theo is grey / Sydney has stripes) x

X

Last edited:
Beautiful :love: You and the buns are doing amazingly, I'm so excited for you . More happy bonding vibes x

Lovely photos :love: sounds like it's going well, fingers crossed for you all :thumb:

I am so pleased that it's all going well so far :D Theo and Sydney should be very pleased with Buffy. She's gorgeous :love: Sending lots of vibes for the bonding to continue well.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of your replies :)

All three stayed in the shed overnight, but with the boys in their hutch (separately) and Buffy in her cage on the floor.

Day 2 - (well afternoon two) has gone equally as well, I think. There was far less humping today and lots of grooming. Sydney groomed Buffy which was the cutest thing ever, I thought I might cry! Sydney also groomed Theo twice for quite a long time. Both rabbits seemed happy to receive the attention.

However neither of them returned the favour, even though it looked like Sydney was asking them too :( what does this mean, is it significant?

A lot of the time all three rabbits were in different areas, cleaning themselves and munching on hay.

Occasionally Theo would run over to one of them and a small chase would start. Often he appeared left out, while Sydney and Buffy were getting close. He would then go over, but his attempts to get Buffys attention weren't successful and he would go back and sit in the corner. He generally seemed clumsy and unsure. Any insight would be much appreciated?

I'm finding the whole thing fascinating. No pictures today, unfortunately, as we forgot to take the camera out x

When I had my quad, the two boys would groom each other, and the girls, but I never ever saw the 2 girls groom each other or them. One of the boys used to love grooming the others, the girls were a bit :shock: when he first gave them a good grooming during bonding.

I don't think it's massively significant.
Could you try reducing the space so that Theo has to stay sat near them and they're forced to interact with him? Just asking as that is what I would do.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Aaawww... they are all so pretty. Hopefully they will eventually be a happy trio. :) It sounds like you're off to a very good start though!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of your replies :)

All three stayed in the shed overnight, but with the boys in their hutch (separately) and Buffy in her cage on the floor.

Day 2 - (well afternoon two) has gone equally as well, I think. There was far less humping today and lots of grooming. Sydney groomed Buffy which was the cutest thing ever, I thought I might cry! Sydney also groomed Theo twice for quite a long time. Both rabbits seemed happy to receive the attention.

However neither of them returned the favour, even though it looked like Sydney was asking them too :( what does this mean, is it significant?

A lot of the time all three rabbits were in different areas, cleaning themselves and munching on hay.

Occasionally Theo would run over to one of them and a small chase would start. Often he appeared left out, while Sydney and Buffy were getting close. He would then go over, but his attempts to get Buffys attention weren't successful and he would go back and sit in the corner. He generally seemed clumsy and unsure. Any insight would be much appreciated?

I'm finding the whole thing fascinating. No pictures today, unfortunately, as we forgot to take the camera out x

Adding more bonding vibes :love:

Love to the buns!!

I wouldn't worry about grooming/not grooming at this stage of proceedings. It's very early days and dynamics change quickly ...

Try not to worry about one or other of them, as your worry may influence how they feel.

I remember interfering - with my hands and thoughts - in a bonding, until the lady rabbit nipped me with the message quite clearly "Leave him to me!!"

They will sort themselves out ... :D

Thanks again everyone.

It is difficult not to interfere isn't it MM. Although Buffy does seem to be handling things ok herself anyway :)

Our session today was very calm and quite uneventful. They spent much of the time munching hay and doing their own thing. Theo did groom Buffy for the first time after she appeared to be requesting he do so. He then decided to hump her head!

I couldn't be happier with how things are going at the moment. There's no rush x

A few pics!

x

Gorgeous pics. Buffy looks very pleased with the new situation with her two new fans :)

Thanks again everyone.

It is difficult not to interfere isn't it MM. Although Buffy does seem to be handling things ok herself anyway :)

Our session today was very calm and quite uneventful. They spent much of the time munching hay and doing their own thing. Theo did groom Buffy for the first time after she appeared to be requesting he do so. He then decided to hump her head!

I couldn't be happier with how things are going at the moment. There's no rush x

A few pics!

x

It's difficult to begin with, then it gets so much easier the more bonding you do :lol:

Lovely photos. I'm so glad you're happy and relaxed. Bodes very well :)

Thank you :)

Everything is going well still. In fact, it was so chilled that we didn't have to intervene once and so my daughter and I were chatting about school!

We thought that next time we might try sitting at the front of the shed (outside of their section) so we can observe how they act without us in there. Theo is still on the periphery of things, venturing over to the other two occasionally, but mostly not getting involved. I'm trying not to worry too much about him, yet!

Oh, Buffy did do a massive flop next to Sydney, while he groomed her head x

Thank you :)

Everything is going well still. In fact, it was so chilled that we didn't have to intervene once and so my daughter and I were chatting about school!

We thought that next time we might try sitting at the front of the shed (outside of their section) so we can observe how they act without us in there. Theo is still on the periphery of things, venturing over to the other two occasionally, but mostly not getting involved. I'm trying not to worry too much about him, yet!

Oh, Buffy did do a massive flop next to Sydney, while he groomed her head x

Well done you!! And them of course :lol:

It sounds fantastic. I'm really pleased :D

they are just beautiful . Sounds like you've found the perfect bonding style for you & your bunnies - that's no mean feat x

Back