• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BJ - beautiful black boy 29/8/2016

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
BJ (Blackjack), my beautiful black boy left me for Rainbow Bridge on 29th August 2016. I adopted him from BARC, when he was about 18 months old back in March 2008 as a partner for my Rosie. My first thought when I held him was what a solid chunky little bunny he was. He had not long been neutered and he was delighted to be bonded with Rosie who was not bothered by his stamp, hum and charge courting ritual. Looking back now it was actually an easy bonding and they very quickly settled happily down together and were very much in tune. BJ never showed any aggression towards the other pairs and for a time allowed Rosie's sister Hollie to join him and Rosie as a threesome.

Angie at BARC had thought that he had some lionhead genes in him but as the weeks went by after adopting him BJ started to thrive his lionhead genes started to thrive too. At first he started with some longer hair on his cheeks which then spread out into a magnificent mane. This wonderful silvery tinged mane seemed to get longer every time he moulted. From a fairly plain little bun he blossomed into a very handsome one and I adored him. Rosie did too, they were never to be found too far apart.

He was such a well behaved rabbit, and loved his free range time on the garden. He quickly learned that ‘Back Up’ meant the garden time was over and he always obliged by taking himself back up the decking steps of his own accord. I will miss him binkying around on the lawn, will miss him taking his breakfast pellets from me, and especially will miss snuggling him into my arms.

Rosie and BJ had been together for nearly eight and a half years. I had expected to lose Rosie first as she has a problem with her heart. BJ was bouncing around the garden the day before I rushed him to the vets. He seemed to be doing well and I was expecting to bring him home - but sadly this was not to be.

Sleep tight my handsome Beejybun. There will always be a special place in my heart for you xx

BJ When at BARC

Growing some sideburns

And now some mane

His mane at it's longest

With Rosie

At his happiest in the garden.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry :cry: He certainly developed into a very handsome rabbit.

Also sending some hugs for you. You will miss him.

He was stunning & obviously lived a wonderful life with you. I'm sorry for your & Rosie's loss. Sleep tight Black Jack x

Gosh wasn't he a handsome lad? I am so sorry you have had to say goodbye to him. :cry:
Thinking of you at this very sad time and sending hugs.

Binky free, BlackJack. xxxxx

My goodness, that mane made him look like a completely different bunny from the start. :eek:

I'm so sorry you lost your handsome man. Noserubs to poor Rosie, too.

Binky free, BJ. xxx

Back