• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feegal 18/5/07-25/8/16

Carrie14

Mama Doe
I'm so gutted to be writing this.

I saw Feegal back in '07 in my local pet shop. It was love at first sight. In hindsight I think I met him in a past life or something. I kept going back to the pet shop "just to admire him" through the week. Then the weekend came and I thought s*d it, if he's still there it's fate and I must have him. The rest is history.

He was the sweetest baby ever. When the hormones kicked in he took a dislike to my then partner and used to leap off the back of the sofa and aim wee to hit my partner in the face. Real skill and grace. Shortley after the plum fairy visited. But you still loved me and let me fuss you for hours.

He was a dental bunny but never lost weight. He lived for his food. The last time I want to my local vet they told me I should put him down as it wasn't cost effective to do a dental on a bun. Thank goodness they said that as I then found Trinity Vets, who have worked miracles on a lot of poorly buns for me since.

Feegal was bonded with Sally from starlight rabbit rescue. Although they got on it was never true love. When Tiesto bun died leaving a very timid Buur I decided to try for a trio. Epic fail on my part but in the process Fee and Buur fell madly in love and had the most beautiful bond. They snuggled and groomed all the time.

I ended up leaving my partner and finding a love of my own. Two babies later and I never found the time to lay on the floor with Feegal. It was ok, even though I'm beating myself up about it now, as they had each other. He didn't miss me!

Over the years I watched him getting greyer, floppeyer ears, slower and deafer. But I used to say "it will be fine. He's going to live forever" sadly that was not meant to be or even be remotely possible.

When we moved a month or so ago, he never settled back down. We were at the vets with infections and dentals. He stopped needing them so regularly as he got older, but nothing seemed to work.

Then one night the great cliché of good rabbit ownership happend and he didn't eat his dinner. I honestly thought nothing of it. He'd had a dental 3 days before. Just a hiccup in his recovery. He was still pooping and weeing so I kept him feed and watered and took him to the vets first thing.

Yep that's when I heard about vhd2 being a possibility. That was the last time I saw him. I said goodbye as if it were the last time. Still waiting on pm results.

I wasn't there when he was pts. And I hate myself for that. It wasn't an option, Mark said we need to put him down now as he was suffering and his body was shutting down.

I feel so lost without him.

Buur is so quiet. Normally he is a bit of a pest . But he looks so sad. Obviously I can't bond until results.

I miss you Fee. I cry at stupid times. For some reason I can't cry when my babies are about. Everything that is good seems not so great now your not here. The world's lost it's shine. I can't see your old face anymore. I can't even bury you it seems.

Feegal is the lop. With Buur

Fee in one of his padded fazes.

When I first brought him he was so cute. As he grew up he became less cute and more handsome. But I always saw him as cute. :lol:

IMG_0875_zpsyh0gofow.jpg

What a lovely, and much loved, rabbit :love:

Run free Feegal. Now forever whole xx

Thank you. He was very loved. He led the way with what pellets the others had, how long it would take to wean new stuff into their diet and everything else really.

I guess it's like the Beatles without John Lennon or the Muppets without Kermit now with all my other buns. Need to find a way forward for them now.

Thank you. He was very loved. He led the way with what pellets the others had, how long it would take to wean new stuff into their diet and everything else really.

I guess it's like the Beatles without John Lennon or the Muppets without Kermit now with all my other buns. Need to find a way forward for them now.

Hugs Carrie :love:

It's hard, but you have to be so brave to carry on.

That photo of him above is just amazing. I can see why he was so important in your life and in the group :)

I'm so sorry. Poor wee man. He was so so loved though; a privilege denied to too many bunnies. Binky free handsome. :cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss Carrie! He was clearly a very loved bun and was so lucky to have you :love: xxxxxx

Thank you Jane that's lovley :love: I'm going to print the picture and it will go on my wardrobe with all the photos of the rabbits I've had the privilege to know :love:

I want to post some of the more recent ones where he's older but can't figure how to get them up :oops:

Buur was a bit better last night. He was helping me hide my Next bill from my partner, in his tummy :love:

Thank you all for your kindness :love: it has really helped. Xx

I'm so sorry you lost him :cry: he had a lovely life and knew just how much he was loved :love:

Binky free Feegal.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm so sorry you lost Feegal. I was very touched by your tribute and could empathise with so many things you have said about the losses of rabbits and people in my own life.

Sending loads of hugs to you. Feegal was much loved and had a wonderful life with you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Feegal. :(
He was obviously deeply and truly loved and will be as missed. Such a beautiful tribute. (((((Hugs))))

Binky free, Feegal. xxxx

Back