• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit that weighs TWICE what it should!!

Lucys mum has just collected her. She is so very excited that someone has helped with advice and guidelines. The vet told her she was a very fat rabbit but that's as far as it went! The museli has been dumped in my bin and mum's off to stock up on extra supplies of hay and greens!! She was speechless when she saw Lucys bum she's never seen it look so clean! She was also very excited by the normal poos in the hutch! I introduced her to some regular size rabbits to show her what we're aiming for in the long run too. We have agreed to do a weigh in here every 2-3 weeks. I also have before photos for future reference................watch this space!!!

Lucys mum has just collected her. She is so very excited that someone has helped with advice and guidelines. The vet told her she was a very fat rabbit but that's as far as it went! The museli has been dumped in my bin and mum's off to stock up on extra supplies of hay and greens!! She was speechless when she saw Lucys bum she's never seen it look so clean! She was also very excited by the normal poos in the hutch! I introduced her to some regular size rabbits to show her what we're aiming for in the long run too. We have agreed to do a weigh in here every 2-3 weeks. I also have before photos for future reference................watch this space!!!

You're an inspiration Ellie :D

Just doing what I know best, helping pets get the best from their lives and helping owners do the best for them.....:D

Absolutely incredible :) Well done!
It's also lovely to hear that the owner is willing to listen and take your advice, I can't wait to hear how she gets on xx

Hi Guys!

So Lucy the monster bunny has come back this afternoon for another holiday. We weighed her and I'm delighted to report she now weighs 3.45kg rather than the 4.49kg she was when she went home on 5th Sept!!!!!

She only has her bum washed once a week rather than 2-3 times a day now. She is bright eyed, you can see the shape of her head now, her dewlap is half the size and she's moving more freely (hardly any surprise there!).

It's days like this I love my job more than ever :D

Tracy

Hi Guys!

So Lucy the monster bunny has come back this afternoon for another holiday. We weighed her and I'm delighted to report she now weighs 3.45kg rather than the 4.49kg she was when she went home on 5th Sept!!!!!

She only has her bum washed once a week rather than 2-3 times a day now. She is bright eyed, you can see the shape of her head now, her dewlap is half the size and she's moving more freely (hardly any surprise there!).

It's days like this I love my job more than ever :D

Tracy

You've done wonders for Lucy :) That's a great result! :thumb:

Nice to hear from you again Tracy :wave:

Wow that's fabulous progress, you should be really proud of yourself for helping that bunny to feel much better and healthier :)

Another 200g gone :D
This is a different rabbit to the one I first met, she's mobile, bright eyed, interested and comes to the front of the hutch to see whats going on and what I've got for her. Still a way to go but I am SO PROUD of the owner for sticking with it :) x

Another 200g gone :D
This is a different rabbit to the one I first met, she's mobile, bright eyed, interested and comes to the front of the hutch to see whats going on and what I've got for her. Still a way to go but I am SO PROUD of the owner for sticking with it :) x

I think you may be onto something here ... :D

Lovely to hear this x

Back