• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wronged by "hutches r us" "top quality hutches and runs" suffolk Norfolk

Capone

Young Bun
Wronged by "hutches r us" "top quality hutches and runs" suffolk Norfolk

Hello.

After some research it appears I am not the only one to have been scammed by this person. I want to try gather/hear from people in the same situation. I'm out a lot of money as starting a boarding business and ordered the whole lot from him.

I may have to go to small claims court.

Anyone else had any experience with him?

Many thanks

Rachael

i have not bought from there. I did some looking on google to have a nosy and couldnt find anything either has the bad reviews been removed x hope you get this sorted soon, what a shame xx

I'm so sorry. I've heard elsewhere that people have successfully sued him through small claims court, but still struggled to get their money back after. Some people manage to get their things by continually pestering him - that's how I got mine (and by paying him cash in hand). I updated my thread on his behaviour now as a cautionary tale, especially as my hutches are wearing out after a year. Funny top quality; you can get better quality off the shelves in pet shops. (And that's saying something!)

i have not bought from there. I did some looking on google to have a nosy and couldnt find anything either has the bad reviews been removed x hope you get this sorted soon, what a shame xx

He ignores direct complaints and blocks/actively removes bad reviewers from his FB page. I've experienced this guy too. I got my stuff and am using it, but will have to replace it sooner rather than later - and they're only a year old!

thats so awful, i know people have to make a profit but its us and the buns that lose out. If you think your buying good quality you dont mind paying a lot and them making a profit but when it rubbish supplies being bought its obviously cheaper and they are just being greedy for profit on everyones expense.

Hello.

After some research it appears I am not the only one to have been scammed by this person. I want to try gather/hear from people in the same situation. I'm out a lot of money as starting a boarding business and ordered the whole lot from him.

I may have to go to small claims court.

Anyone else had any experience with him?

Many thanks

Rachael

Have you got your order from the seller?
If you do go the small claims court, there is a chance you may not get your money back as he needs to have the money to pay you back for you to get it.
Some people give us all a bad name.

Thanks for the replies. We have a new agreement after we spoke to his parents! First delivery should be this Saturday...fingers crossed. There's no chance of getting money back as people have had bailiffs go round and got nothing. Just got to hope we get something and it's decent. Will keep you updated!
Thanks
X

Feel horrible about it all tbh. Spent the first night just crying. This was my new business and I was so excited about it all and this has really but a downer on it. Even if I get the stuff now I'm worried it's going to be awful :/ just going to have to take it as it comes I guess and try make the best of it. X

I can really sympathise with you. I do hope that the stuff is reasonable quality so that you can gradually replace it over the next few years, as necessary.

Best of luck with your new business.

What a horrible start for you. His parents must be ashamed of him. You would think there would be some mechanism whereby you could complain to Facebook. You'll soon be on your way, now, and able to put this experience behind you.

I really hope what you receive from them is useable, you must be fuming. It's so wrong that you can't get your money back and start over with a different person / company.

Lots of luck with your business x

Thank you for Lloyd your comments. Hutches have arrived. Decent quality and bigger than I asked for but that's a good thing! Finally feeling better about it all. Just hope the aviary now comes!!

Thanks

X

That's good and must be such a relief for you. Fingers crossed your aviary arrives, I take it they are making that too, have they said when it might be coming? x

Keep getting excuses about aviary. Now saying the roof can't be done as I wanted so said fine but they'll have to refund my last invoice as that was just for the solid roof....not heard back! Will be calling tomorrow and see if they pick up. X

Back