• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Swollen lip. Is it myxi?

So relieved that Fiver came through his dental well and the the mouth mystery is somewhat solved. I don't envy you the sudocream application...if he's anything like my Fiver his mouth is off limits unless he's under sedation! :shock:

Swift and complete healing vibes being sent and relaxing vibes for you, VB. xxxx

I couldn't get the video to play, but thanks for posting the photo. I find the inside of a Rabbit's mouth fascinating :oops: :lol: So glad your Vet carries out a thorough Dental :D I hope that Fiver is getting back to normal now xx

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/x_...WA0009-627133791_zpsor8vmbdx.mp4.html?filters

There you go! A little view of the inside of Fiver's mouth lol. Small spurs on his right side (left side on the video) on the bottom set of molars. All gone now and hopefully he'll not need another dental for another year!
Fiver does not think this is the most flattering video of him haha. :)

Here's a close up view of those bothersome toothies.

2v9uiGu.jpg

He says he feels much better and is enjoying his dandelions. He said the dandelions and bramble leaves have made up for my betrayal earlier. :)

gpVo8a8.jpg

Lovely to see him enjoying his dandys :D I'm glad the dental went well x

Ah ******. I'll check out that link when I get on my laptop tomorrow after work. I'm sure I can figure out a way to embed it rather than using a link. It's only short but interesting and you get to see all the contraptions they use lol. Actually..I may be able to upload it onto YouTube. That may work better than photobucket. Hmm. Leave it with me.

He's fully recovered and eating like..well, a rabbit! Haha. He's had some super cute snuggles with me tonight but his whole demeanor has changed. He looks so much happier in himself. I tried the sudocreme and he just about hit the roof and flailed at me then grunted and ran off, kicking his heels at me. I really don't think I'll be able to apply any cream so I'm just going to monitor it for now. It doesn't seem to be bothering him but it doesn't appear to be improving much so I might have to figure something out. I don't want to have to resort to putting him on his back. He doesn't trance but he will lay there for a few seconds before kicking me lol. I only ever do it to check his hocks thoroughly once in a blue moon and only because he's very handleable. But his mouth, chin and bum are off limits to me and I'm liable to get boxed or bitten for daring to touch those parts!

Ah ******. I'll check out that link when I get on my laptop tomorrow after work. I'm sure I can figure out a way to embed it rather than using a link. It's only short but interesting and you get to see all the contraptions they use lol. Actually..I may be able to upload it onto YouTube. That may work better than photobucket. Hmm. Leave it with me.

He's fully recovered and eating like..well, a rabbit! Haha. He's had some super cute snuggles with me tonight but his whole demeanor has changed. He looks so much happier in himself. I tried the sudocreme and he just about hit the roof and flailed at me then grunted and ran off, kicking his heels at me. I really don't think I'll be able to apply any cream so I'm just going to monitor it for now. It doesn't seem to be bothering him but it doesn't appear to be improving much so I might have to figure something out. I don't want to have to resort to putting him on his back. He doesn't trance but he will lay there for a few seconds before kicking me lol. I only ever do it to check his hocks thoroughly once in a blue moon and only because he's very handleable. But his mouth, chin and bum are off limits to me and I'm liable to get boxed or bitten for daring to touch those parts!

Fully recovered, wow that's fantastic :)

I did wonder about the cream. He's told you what he wants ... :lol:

Thank you for sharing your update on Fiver; and I am glad you still have all your fingers after his encounter with the sudocreme! Sending more vibes to you and Fiver.

Glad to hear that he's recovering well. I would not want to put sudocrem on his mouth anyway, but that's just my 'I am not a Vet' opinion !

Sorry for the belated reply. He is so much better. He's no longer grumpy or sulky so his teeth were obviously bothering him for a little while before the dental. I knew something wasn't right but presumed it was his back since he'd not gone off his food at all or had a wet chin (he usually does when due a dental.)

Anyway..here is the long overdue video of the spurs lol. It's only a short one but interesting all the same. This link SHOULD work.

https://youtu.be/94F1HY9LqQw

Sorry for the belated reply. He is so much better. He's no longer grumpy or sulky so his teeth were obviously bothering him for a little while before the dental. I knew something wasn't right but presumed it was his back since he'd not gone off his food at all or had a wet chin (he usually does when due a dental.)

Anyway..here is the long overdue video of the spurs lol. It's only a short one but interesting all the same. This link SHOULD work.

So pleased to hear how well Fiver is doing now !!

Thanks for posting the video link, it's really useful to show how complex a thorough Dental is and the surgical equipment that is required.

The link does work, thank you for posting :D

I'm so glad Fiver's feeling better now and not grumpy. Great news :D

Back