• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Natures Touch feed

JessBun

Mama Doe
Has anyone used this in place of pellets? I bought some of this for Micky as I thought it was really innovative as a feed instead of pellets. I also wanted to give it to him to help with his weight a wee bit (he's always been a slim bun, he's a fantastic hay/grass eater, likes occasional veg but often turns his nose up to it, likes select forage! In essence very fussy with anything but hay and grass!). I've been giving him a small pinch a day and it's working marvellously. I haven't replaced his pellets with it yet, though. I'm not what other peoples experiences are with replacing pellets completely with it? I'm worried it seems a bit 'muesli' ish - but the other part of me thinks it's a much more natural diet to replace the pellets!

My other question, is would you use this in place of pellets for a 12 week old mini lop? I've been giving her tiny pinches in her hay and she enjoys it. I haven't changed over her pellets yet from what I was given with her (Country Value Fruity nuggets!) as she's not even been with me a week yet. I'm not sure whether to buy her some burgess pellets for the change over, or the natures touch. Is it okay to replace a main feed with it? I'm more than happy to purchase both, and feed them an appropriate amount of both mixed together, if there's genuine concerns the natures touch isn't nutritious enough.

I'm also guessing I'm really best getting the junior version of either food for her as she's only 3 months old and still growing? She has complete free range - tons of room. She's an excellent hay eater and I do limit the pellets. Thank you x

Pic for reference - I'm also giving Micky half a cube of the alfafa treats every couple of days to help with the weight. Now it's improving, I'll reduce it. I'm giving Autumn half a cube once-twice a week as a treat - is this okay? Ignore the guinea pig food!! :lol:

Personally I dont feed NT as it has molasses in it. I know that a few people on here do feed it but as an occasional treat as opposed to instead of pellets. The occasional bit of Alfalfa bale would be fine for Autumn.

I've never fed the rabbit one. I do feed the gerbil on nature's touch but I mix in other gerbil food too.
Interested to see the responses

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've fed it but only as an occassion treat because of the molasses. I'd be consious of using it as a replacement for pellets in tummy buns or normal/overweight buns, but would possibly try it if my intention was to build weight. However personally I use junior pellets for underweight bunnies.

Back