• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Blood on ear tip

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Daphne has a little 'nick' on the very tip of her ear. I can't see what's caused it or get a very decent look as she keeps hopping off.

I'm going to keep it clean but they go into boarding in an hour for the weekend. Should I give the boarder any special instructions?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Daphne has a little 'nick' on the very tip of her ear. I can't see what's caused it or get a very decent look as she keeps hopping off.

I'm going to keep it clean but they go into boarding in an hour for the weekend. Should I give the boarder any special instructions?

I assume that you mean a small tear at the edge of her ear as opposed to a blood blister sort of thing ?

Yep - English evades me today

I'd just ask the Boarder to keep a close eye on it to make sure that no signs of infection occur. Hopefully the Boarder will be routinely ultra Flystrike vigilant. IME ear tears tend to heal up OK, even if the two sides of the tear never knit together and the Bun is left with a bit of a scraggy ear x

I'd just ask the Boarder to keep a close eye on it to make sure that no signs of infection occur. Hopefully the Boarder will be routinely ultra Flystrike vigilant. IME ear tears tend to heal up OK, even if the two sides of the tear never knit together and the Bun is left with a bit of a scraggy ear x
Thanks. We've just dropped them off and I've made boarder aware - she's really good at hygiene control etc so I trust her.

We've now got a new concern of Daphne scent marking and stomping when we dropped her off. Worried she can smell the other rabbit that was last in there and will take it out on Phoebe.
Asked her to call me if any issues/concerns as we want to avoid separating them. Anxiety through the roof.

Thanks. We've just dropped them off and I've made boarder aware - she's really good at hygiene control etc so I trust her.

We've now got a new concern of Daphne scent marking and stomping when we dropped her off. Worried she can smell the other rabbit that was last in there and will take it out on Phoebe.
Asked her to call me if any issues/concerns as we want to avoid separating them. Anxiety through the roof.

Try not to worry and enjoy your holiday DP!!

Goodness knows you deserve it :wave:

Back