• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hershel (10/14 - 24/08/16)

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I've just gone to check on the pets and found Hershel curled up in his forever sleep :cry: I wrote about the story of Hershel and his brothers recently when I lost Daryl and Rick. Hershel was the laziest and most gentle out of the four, and very big despite my best efforts to put him on a diet, he'd always find a way to pinch food off some one else or grab some from wherever he can! He was however the only one brave enough to dive in with pea fishing and would love the 'pool' when it came out :love: I noticed he was quiet yesterday and not eating as much and was the same this morning, I thought it could perhaps be age related but after loosing Daryl and Rick in such an awful way I made him a vet appointment for this evening. I have been regularly checking on him and he seemed fine in himself and was eating what I offered, so I am hopeful you had a peaceful passing Hershel. I am sorry you weren't the oldest of rats to pass away but I hope you had a lovely life. I am now left with poor Glenn on his own, and will do my best to look after his best interests. Good night, Hershel xxx

Thank you both. Loosing them all so unexpectedly and watching Daryl and Rick become so ill has really got to me :cry: I really don't want any more rats right not or any point in the foreseeable future, but Glenn has never been ill in his life even when all the others had resp infections and he's still very lively and active so would hate for him to spend the rest of his life lonely. :(

Thank you both. Loosing them all so unexpectedly and watching Daryl and Rick become so ill has really got to me :cry: I really don't want any more rats right not or any point in the foreseeable future, but Glenn has never been ill in his life even when all the others had resp infections and he's still very lively and active so would hate for him to spend the rest of his life lonely. :(

(((((((((( hugs )))))))))) Liz xxx

Back