• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale Hutches / Welfare Hutches?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
So following on from here:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...is-bond-has-failed-what-shall-I-do-New-rabbit

I need to buy a hutch. A playhouse just won't fit unfortunately, well I don't think it would, unless there are any smaller sizes, but I want the biggest and best hutch / run combo.

However, I'm not made of money. Looking at the nice ones online, I wonder, would it be cheaper to pay a joiner to make one?

Or can anyone recommend a company in the north west / midlands?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you - as much as I love the Ryedale one, and it does look to be brilliant quality, I just can't afford it. The ones at Welfare hutches look okay... does anyone know with the 7ft hutch and run, if the hutch is on top of the run? Their wording is a little contradictory to the photo?

Welfare hutches are great quality, I have 2. Ryedale are far superior in quality but as a result are very heavy and of course costly.

I have 2 double welfare hutches. They are really strong and heavy. I specified the door sizes on the front and they were really helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. I don't have any with attached runs though so don't know what they're like.

I bought the 6 foot hutch from welfare hutches. It is very good quality in my opinion. I did opt to upgrade the bolts, felt etc but painted it myself with Cuprinol Garden Shades which saved a bit of cash. They were also very helpful and got it to me in just over 2 weeks (I rang and discussed it first) and cut out the hole for the pipe connector etc.
WP_20160811_19_43_59_Pro_zpspt1hwpee.jpg

I've just got a Welfare Hutch and run and the quality is fantastic!

Very good value and excellent quality- really impressed with it.

I have a Ryedale hutch as well.
Here's a picture of it when I got it about 3 year ago and it is still in perfect condition. It was a 6ft version of the Extra Tall Double Hutch, which 2 separate levels. At the time, it cost about £350-ish. It was a lot of money but I considered it an investment.

P1030980.jpg

Thank you - as much as I love the Ryedale one, and it does look to be brilliant quality, I just can't afford it. The ones at Welfare hutches look okay... does anyone know with the 7ft hutch and run, if the hutch is on top of the run? Their wording is a little contradictory to the photo?

Whilst Ryedale are very expensive for the size, they are probably the best out of all the online hutch suppliers. Material and build quality is second to none. The tongue & groove Loglap used to clad the sides and back on my hutch is approx 20mm thick.

Although if you need to stretch your budget a bit more by combining value for money with build quality and bigger sizes, then you can't go wrong with both Welfare Hutches and Boyles Pet Housing. I like the fact that both suppliers use the same cladding material around the back of the hutch. I hate it when hutches have thin plywood backs. Plus both suppliers have great reviews and are very welfare minded.

Hi. The Ryedale Pet Homes one's are probably the best around and look fab. I know they're quite expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

Back