• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

He isn't eating.

The vet just rang,Dexter is eating again,passing normal poo and hopping around. They're giving me an oral medication for when he comes home. I'm going to collect him soon.

Gosh, relief all round :D

I was thinking about Dexter overnight :shock:

Will you also thank him from me for getting better and ask him not to worry us again? Well not yet anyway :lol:

Gosh, relief all round :D

I was thinking about Dexter overnight :shock:

Will you also thank him from me for getting better and ask him not to worry us again? Well not yet anyway :lol:
Haha thank you I will do. He's home now,I'm going to keep him in a cage for a while,his temperature is still a bit low so he's going to get a hot water bottle. He has to be syringe fed Baytril twice a day(0.2ml). It only cost me €20 for everything!

Haha thank you I will do. He's home now,I'm going to keep him in a cage for a while,his temperature is still a bit low so he's going to get a hot water bottle. He has to be syringe fed Baytril twice a day(0.2ml). It only cost me €20 for everything!

I hope the wee one keeps improving :D

It was also a bargain for vet treatment for sure :thumb:

Thanks everyone,Yes I'm very relieved I'll be leaving to collect him soon and he'll get extra treats tonight.

This is good news.
I know he deserves a lot of treats, and I do not know what you define as a 'treat'. Some treats, especially those with higher glycemic contents, may not be the best thing to give him after his ordeal. Please know that I am not saying this to burst your bubble: I only want you to learn from my experience (and even my lack of experience). He will benefit most from a lot of hay and tons of extra love and attention.
Wishing you and Dexter more success.

Last edited:
This is good news.
I know he deserves a lot of treats, and I do not know what you define as a 'treat'. Some treats, especially those with higher glycemic contents, may not be the best thing to give him after his ordeal. Please know that I am not saying this to burst your bubble: I only want you to learn from my experience (and even my lack of experience). He will benefit most from a lot of hay and tons of extra love and attention.
Wishing you and Dexter more success.
By treats things such as burgess excel dried forage and things from the naturals range and dried apple cubes(tiny) none of that unhealthy,sugary cr*p that you see in Petshops.

By treats things such as burgess excel dried forage and things from the naturals range and dried apple cubes(tiny) none of that unhealthy,sugary cr*p that you see in Petshops.

Yay, you know how to spoil a bun :D

I give fresh herbs. I'm growing a pot of basil for them now :roll:

Back