• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hare w. twig stuck in her mouth??

Laura416

Warren Scout
This is my 1st post since losing my beloved Mimi in Dec.

There is a hare I named Tilly who I love feeding in my yard, she often eats branches, too. Today, just now, as she was eating, a twig got stuck in her mouth :( She's fussed w. it unsuccessfully to remove it & as much as she's friendly w. me, won't let me close enough to help w. this! I am so worried right now, she's continued to try & eat, had some but some pieces fell out of her mouth.

I'm devastated to have witnessed this, I'm worried. I think she has/had a boyfriend....will he help her? I called a wildlife centre whose advice was try to help or bring her in (If I could catch her, she'd have been mine since April.......) I feel completely helpless. Thanks for any insights.

I think about all you can do is keep an eye on her to see if she manages to dislodge it, and if not to try and catch her to try and remove it. Hopefully she will just find a way to remove it on her own.

Thank you, Jbun, for this reply! It gives me hope that she might handle it. I just called a local pet hospital who suggested a fishnet, & analyzing the pics I took (wish I could post them), I think she did slightly adjust it from where it was - seems there's less of it on the one side...

Thanks again.

Back