• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

RHD2 vacancies

Good morning Countrybumkin.

Did you have any luck with finding a vet with the RVHD2 vaccine in stock? Just wondering if you trying the Vets4Pets at Middlesbrough.

I've been keeping a map to try and track who has the vaccine available - I'm too tired today but tomorrow I'll update it with the additional info I've just read in this thread, but you can find the info that we have available here: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk

Really disappointing/annoying that you got somewhere to discover they didn't have it - I've heard this happening a few times, I think people are ringing and saying have you got the new RHD2 vaccine and receptionists who haven't a clue that anything has changed are just assuming that people want the nobivac. It's really frustrating!

Edited to add: Stanhope Park facebook page this week had a post saying they'd had a confirmed case of RHD2 at the practice - a bunny who lived in a garage with no outdoor access, so if any vets in the area don't think it's a problem - please point them to that post!

Yes, Snowflake-George has confirmed the location :cry:

I haven't managed to find the vaccine yet :( I've messaged my usual vets again this morning to see if they have a date that it will be back in stock.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm much happier anyways because I know stanhope is rabbit savvy and it's a lovely vets to be in!

Been to Stanhope vets who have successfully vaccinated my three bunnys. The vet was brilliant and said they were all in good shape too which is a relief as I do pride myself on how I keep my rabbits! I would highly recommend this vets and they are opening a new practice in October time that will serve just cats (in one waiting room) and exotics (with their own waiting room) which will be great. Thank you again for all of your help in sourcing this vaccine :)

Been to Stanhope vets who have successfully vaccinated my three bunnys. The vet was brilliant and said they were all in good shape too which is a relief as I do pride myself on how I keep my rabbits! I would highly recommend this vets and they are opening a new practice in October time that will serve just cats (in one waiting room) and exotics (with their own waiting room) which will be great. Thank you again for all of your help in sourcing this vaccine :)

Glad to hear you managed to get them all done :) I know I breathed a sigh of relief when mine were done.

That's the good thing about RU .. We can all try and help one another!

I know someone who used Stanhope vet and were very pleased with their rabbit savviness :D

It's such a relief when you get them vaccinated isn't it? 7 days and then your bunnies will have immunity.

I am looking forward to the new practice. It is going to be located at the top of Duke Street (right at the roundabout when you go left out of the practice carpark). Micaela the owner is really excited about it as she had plans previously approved for another building but it didn't work out. It's going to be good not have to put up with barking dogs when we visit with the bunnies.

That's the good thing about RU .. We can all try and help one another!

I know someone who used Stanhope vet and were very pleased with their rabbit savviness :D

My family have used Stanhope vets for years since when it was owned by Mr Geldard. I know I am probably biased but in my opinion they are the best in Darlington, especially for rabbits.

Back