• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello :)

FooManChew

New Kit
I'm new to being owned by a rabbit but after a Year of research and consideration I was finally claimed by this Super Puff we have affectionately named Foo! (or Foo~Man~Chew... Foo Foo Bunny... depends on which of my furless babies you ask...)

Foo is in training to be a free range house bunny. He is a long anticipated Only pet and doing better every day with litter training. In the short time we've had him the bond continues to grow daily. Even with as much reading I did before hand I can't believe what affectionate, curious, intelligent animals they truly are! His cage is currently located in our kitchen, which at times can be a busy place. He not only adapted quickly to the daily noises and commotion, he seems to be settling in to a routine and can almost anticipate when we're coming over to interact with him... he rushes to the door and stands up asking for treats or attention, So Cute!!
I'm undecided on whether or not he will be neutered, the anesthesia issues buns are prone to makes me nervous... he's a very small bunny and based on his parents size I don't anticipate he will get too much larger. He has his first vet appointment next Monday, hopefully the vet can help with the decision but ultimately I believe the decision will be made as he reaches sexual maturity an about a month.
I look forward to learning and sharing as he and I grow together and hopefully share in others experiences as well :)
Thank you for having us!

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: he is very cute :love: neutering will help with litter training, and hormonal behaviour, so he won't spray and his wee won't smell so much. If you find a rabbit savvy vet the risks of the op should be very small if he is otherwise healthy. You could post on here asking for a rabbit savvy vet in whatever town as the title, someone may have recommendations for you.

Back