• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help please - Poorly rabbit

Thank you for keeping us updated and for everything that you have done for him. I think that the right decision was made in the end. You gave him the best last few days that he could have hoped for and I'm sure that he felt comforted by the care that you gave him. You are a wonderful person and I'm so sorry that you had to go through this.
Sweet dreams Eddy :love:

Oh gosh, I am so sorry.

Well done for taking such good care of him, you should feel really proud of yourself xx

Binky free little Eddy xxxx

I'm so sorry.

Sadly I thought it might have to happen, but he is at peace now. You were very kind to him in his final days x

I am so sorry it came to you being the one who had to make the decision, take comfort from the fact you tried your best for him and your care and companionship in his last days would have made him feel secure and loved I am sure of it. Binky free Eddy xxxx

I've just read the thread. You have done a wonderful and compassionate thing by Eddy. I just wish there could have been a happier outcome.

Binky free, Eddy. xxx

I'm so sorry he couldn't recover, but you did all you could to make his time with you comfortable.

Binky free Eddie xx

I was hoping when I came in here tonight that Eddy might have turned around. I am so very sorry you had to take this decision on yourself. :cry: But so glad he had you to make his last moments as comfortable as possible.

No more wonky head now, little man. Just fields of green and abundant sunshine. Play and binky at the Rainbow, Eddy. xxxxxxx

Been following this thread, but didn't offer any advice as I have no experience of head tilt buns. I'm so gutted to see this was the result of things for him. Very glad the owners saw sense, and that wee bun is out of any pain and discomfort now. Well done you for taking responsibility on what was such a difficult situation for you to be in. I do think it was the best decision, and that I would have done the same, personally. RIP Eddybun. So glad he had kindness and comfort in his remaining days x

Sad to see the news, although not surprised :( It did sound like he wasn't going to make it and the best that could be done was to make sure he didn't suffer in his final days xx

Back