• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden plants that rabbits definitely won't eat?

jfitz

New Kit
Hi,

I'm having to add gravelly borders to my lawn due to drainage issues and was hoping to add potted plants to make it look nicer. However, I have two practically free ranging bunnies. I have a potted hydrangea which has survived without any munching.

Any advice on potted plants, or any bushes that they might not eat?

Philadelphus Belle Etoile is a spring flowering shrub which rabbits hate. It's popular in country gardens for this precise reason!

Normally we'd plant ones the rabbits can eat so I can't really help. Hopefully this little bump might give you more ideas

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hmm, in Aboleth's case: none. She'll seemingly try everything, multiple times, even if she didn't like it the first time :S She's resorted to ripping the leaves off the peony even though she doesn't like it, daft girl.

thats like a couple of mine lol.. i think ive found a nice plant they all hate and then they just rip it to shreds, i think out of spite because they want me to replace it with one they REALLY like lol... funny buns

thats like a couple of mine lol.. i think ive found a nice plant they all hate and then they just rip it to shreds, i think out of spite because they want me to replace it with one they REALLY like lol... funny buns

I think this is not very far from the truth. I take it to be bad case of rabbit frustration :lol: It happens here particularly with Tan, the doe, who decides that a twig in the shed is in "her way" and she will pick it up and attempt to move it out of the way. Her actions get stronger the more times she does it and doesn't succeed in exactly the way she wants. Pure frustration :lol:

Back