• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Are there any health complications for rabbits born with no sex organs?

The breeder who volunteers there (yes, you did hear right!) is very clued up on genetics and said the colour and type for the younger rabbits could well be off-spring of the older rabbits who were dumped, which seemed the logical conclusion. This would mean that his mother is an uppy eared English cross and his father is a rather smaller helicopter lop. So the inbreeding theory is unlikely. Ruth was baffled by what I was telling her and felt there was 'more information' that was missing. Given that his sisters have been spayed it seems more logical that he/she had also already been done, though the vet that operated seemed to be confident of what he saw (or didn't see!). .... curiouser and curiouser.

His colour is opal apparently, which is what I've always believed Elijah to be. :love:

The plot thickens !!

The breeder who volunteers there (yes, you did hear right!) is very clued up on genetics and said the colour and type for the younger rabbits could well be off-spring of the older rabbits who were dumped, which seemed the logical conclusion. This would mean that his mother is an uppy eared English cross and his father is a rather smaller helicopter lop. So the inbreeding theory is unlikely. Ruth was baffled by what I was telling her and felt there was 'more information' that was missing. Given that his sisters have been spayed it seems more logical that he/she had also already been done, though the vet that operated seemed to be confident of what he saw (or didn't see!). .... curiouser and curiouser.

The plot thickens !!

The plot just got a lot thicker :shock:

One of Linden's sisters who was allegedly already spayed when dumped at the sanctuary ... and then was spayed a second time, taking the womb that was left from the first spay which just took the ovaries .... wait for it ... HAS GIVEN BIRTH!! She had been bonded into a group with a buck who had had the snip 4 weeks earlier. Apparently the notes from the spay said it was normal and uneventful but obviously not the case as it was rather unusual as a "follow up spay".

One of Linden's sisters who was allegedly already spayed when dumped at the sanctuary ... and then was spayed a second time, taking the womb that was left from the first spay which just took the ovaries .... wait for it ... HAS GIVEN BIRTH!! She had been bonded into a group with a buck who had had the snip 4 weeks earlier. Apparently the notes from the spay said it was normal and uneventful but obviously not the case as it was rather unusual as a "follow up spay".

Crikey :shock:

Omg :shock:

:shock:

Good grief - hard to imagine :shock:

New Bun, Same Issues

Recently came across this forum while looking for some answers & help after we caught knowledge of such a thing when (attempting) to get our bun spayed! Very similar results — neutral on the outside and nothing on the inside.
Curious to know how other rabbits have grown since this conversation last took place and if complications have surfaced? Our rabbit is just shy of 7 months old and is litterbox trained (most days!) — wondering how our recent news will affect territorial/hormonal behavior and if now, such a thing can even exist?
Any and all help is welcome and encouraged!! Thanks!

Recently came across this forum while looking for some answers & help after we caught knowledge of such a thing when (attempting) to get our bun spayed! Very similar results — neutral on the outside and nothing on the inside.
Curious to know how other rabbits have grown since this conversation last took place and if complications have surfaced? Our rabbit is just shy of 7 months old and is litterbox trained (most days!) — wondering how our recent news will affect territorial/hormonal behavior and if now, such a thing can even exist?
Any and all help is welcome and encouraged!! Thanks!

Hello :)

I would send a PM to Bunny Buddy as she may not see this old thread :)

*Touch wood* no issues so far. He is a very wary boy so difficult to get to know but a good companion for Eloise and no issues that I am aware of.

*Touch wood* no issues so far. He is a very wary boy so difficult to get to know but a good companion for Eloise and no issues that I am aware of.

Ok, good! That makes me glad to hear!!

We switched her litter and now she seems to really get the hang of it (for now!!) But happy and healthy nonetheless!!
Is it alright with y’all if I keep your contacts for future reference/general questions? Its comforting knowing we’re not the only ones😅
💜🐰

Ok, good! That makes me glad to hear!!

We switched her litter and now she seems to really get the hang of it (for now!!) But happy and healthy nonetheless!!
Is it alright with y’all if I keep your contacts for future reference/general questions? Its comforting knowing we’re not the only ones��
����

Yes, that's fine. I have this thread set up for email notifications so I keep up to date with it.

Hello! We just learned that our new bunny has no sex organs. Any advice? She seems healthy but bonding with our neutered male is not going well (we were told she was a spayed female — but learned otherwise today).

Back