• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsnips

LagomorphLion

Warren Scout
Are parsnips safe for rabbits?

I've seen a lot of different answers to this question, so was wondering what you all thought - is there even a definite answer?

I just give them the peelings if we have them :thumb:

We've grown them this year, I wonder if the tops are safe?!

Parsnips are completely safe :)
They're high in sugar so should only be a treat.

Phoebe loves them, Daphne hates them.

I give them the tops & peelings but they'll often ignore the tops.

Thank you everyone! I hope someone else will know about the tops, I'm intrigued! But if Phoebe and Daphne are anything to go by, they're not anything to get excited about! :lol:

Thank you everyone! I hope someone else will know about the tops, I'm intrigued! But if Phoebe and Daphne are anything to go by, they're not anything to get excited about! [emoji38]
I've done some research. The leafy tops generally aren't used as they don't sell this part in shops.
However I found one place that mentioned it's considered poisonous because of a sap the leafy parts create. Another place considered them as dark leafy greens and safe.

Personally I wouldn't risk it with the tops because I can't find solid evidence anywhere that they are safe.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've done some research. The leafy tops generally aren't used as they don't sell this part in shops.
However I found one place that mentioned it's considered poisonous because of a sap the leafy parts create. Another place considered them as dark leafy greens and safe.

Personally I wouldn't risk it with the tops because I can't find solid evidence anywhere that they are safe.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you - I agree, better safe than sorry!

Back