Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hay

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I use farm baled hay meant for horses for my rabbit. Used to buy posh pet shop hay for them before, but I ran out and had to give them some baled hay that I'd got for the goats. Turns out the rabbits preferred the baled stuff anyway!

Zoobec you have made me feel much better. I keep feeling mean about my baled hay especially with all these fancy hays you see on here but they do eat it enthusiastically

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    [/B]

Zoobec you have made me feel much better. I keep feeling mean about my baled hay especially with all these fancy hays you see on here but they do eat it enthusiastically
    I worked on a farm for years and the baled hay is something taken very seriously by farmers (their livestock rely on it!). Most of it is lovely and fresh, we had very strict guidelines about baling and storage that had to be followed to the letter. It shouldn't get a bad rap for being cheap! If I had a car I'd definitely be buying it for my buns.

Mine love their farm bales - just as well as we use 1 a week!
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)

[/B]

Glad to have been of service I only buy stuff that is sold for horses, and I always pull a bit out of the bale to sniff it, but it's always lovely

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Ive just recently started buying hay from this website www.hay-and-straw.co.uk after seeing recommendations on here.

Their 'Ings' hay comes in large plastic bags, a 9.5kg bag is 18.00, which is significantly less than I was paying for Western Oxbow Timothy on Amazon. It seems like lovely quality and smells nice.

I did run out last week by mistake and brought some Meadow Hay from Pets at Home. I wasn't impressed with it at all(I don't think the rabbits minded ) it was so dry and twiggy x

[/B]

Mine have standard baled hay too & when I have pennies I get timothy hay or oat hay or ings hay

So for my guys, baled hay 5.00 a bale - it's only 4.00 but they make a loss so I give them a fiver

Then I get from-
    www.timothyhay.co.uk
    http://www.hay-and-straw.co.uk/

And use the more expensive stuff as on top of hay and put in flower pots and paper bags and toys
    Bead (him) & Thread (me) is our little outlet for our talents (ha!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bead-...04447419700468

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_w View Post
    Where do you buy your hay from and what do you get?
    There seems to be so many different brands and varietys. I got pets and home timothy hay to start with but they are 3/4 through the first bag of that now so just thought I would ask here as there is so much to choose from .
    I get timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk , there are only two sizes to choose i get the smallest one (i think around 10kg?) but its so big! And only for around 20, lasts me ages.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I have nowhere to keep a bale of hay at the mo. I keep nagging my oh for a horse or a baby so you never know I may have space for hay bales one day as he always seems to lean towards horse when I am mithering him. ha ha

I get Burns Oat Hay from our local pet shop.