Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hay

Default hay

Where do you buy your hay from and what do you get?
    There seems to be so many different brands and varietys. I got pets and home timothy hay to start with but they are 3/4 through the first bag of that now so just thought I would ask here as there is so much to choose from .

Direct from the farm of a family contact. Have used Just Grass previously from an animal feed merchant though.

I would reccomend http://www.timothyhay.co.uk/ and know many are loving the hay from there too..

I used to/normally but now wont be as use above... use https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/ which do really amazing selections and taster selections

I also get cheap timothy hay found in petshops atc, farm horse hay that is cheap and buy readigrass just as a treat in his forage box of dry herbs an flowers
    Last edited by Shayne_; 04-08-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Bit of a stupid question but how does the hay from timothyhay.co.uk arrive? In plastic?

I buy hay bales @ 4.25 locally which they are happy enough to eat. It depends how fussy your buns are - mine aren't . I'm in East Lancs

I top this up with green oat readigrass which they adore - I try to stick to 900g bag a week

I usually buy burgess or natures own Timothy but I've just discovered Timothy.co.uk and the first delivery was excellent value and quality (I got the oat hay but will try Timothy next time). Saved LOADS of money. Comes in a big woven plastic sack. I also get 20kg bags of readigrass from Amazon (it's marketed for horses). Again excellent value.

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_w View Post
    Bit of a stupid question but how does the hay from timothyhay.co.uk arrive? In plastic?
    In a synthetic bag, there is a photograph of one of their bags in the current oat hay thread.
    Hay for pets (now called something else I can never remember, but if you Google hay for pets you find them) sell a similar sized bag which is plsstic

That is 7KG, basically 3/4 of a 10 kg bale, in the bag

I use farm baled hay meant for horses for my rabbit. Used to buy posh pet shop hay for them before, but I ran out and had to give them some baled hay that I'd got for the goats. Turns out the rabbits preferred the baled stuff anyway!

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I get dean's meadow hay from our local pet/garden shop. Comes in a large bag and only costs 6
    It's the girls favourite "cheap" hay which is used for litter trays but they also get western Timothy hay and greenoat grass in their hay racks away from litter trays.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness