Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Top Bun in your pairs/groups?

The two pairs in the smaller room - the boys are dominant - Sheldon is certainly boss and Lenny is boss too (although he is hen-pecked - literally - at meal times )

But Bug (F) and Prudhoe (M) - Bug is boss.

Not sure about Princess and Joey yet - I think he will end up being boss - but she is a stroppy little madam so will be interesting to see how they work things out.

I've only had pairs of bunnies since having Alfie - he's had 3 partners now and he's always been the dominant one.

Alfie's current partner was the lower ranking bunny in her previous relationship too I was told, so maybe that helped with bonding; things might not have gone so well if Muffin wanted to be dominant too.

Our first rabbit was Ben, a stray rex, and we got Deedee, a crossbreed, as a partner for him. Ben was always dominant, she would spend hours grooming him, (in fact over grooming so that the inside of his ears became sore) whereas he only ever seemed to give her a cursory lick now and then. Feeding was a bit of a nightmare as he would literally rip food out of her mouth, but they spent a lot of time lying together and were obviously devoted to each other. But when Ben died and we got Fred, a lionhead, she seemed to change and become more dominant. She tormented fred terribly when he first arrived, and they had some rather nasty fights. Gradually things improved, but he would wash her and then push his head under her chin and she would turn away. I felt so sorry for him - he was trying so hard! Eventually she fell for his considerable charms and now like she was with Ben, they are very much a happy couple. Fred asserts himself by taking food from her if he finishes first, but she doesn't seem to mind. He seems to groom her a lot more than she grooms him. So this pairing appears more equal, although she would appear slightly more dominant than him.

Aboleth, but not so dominant that Lopsy doesn't get a look in He's just so laid back he doesn't give a toss XD He still humps her sometimes, but she gets him back, ten times as bad! I feel a bit sorry for him sometimes! Groom-wise it's pretty equal.

ETA: it's always face-humping as well! Blimmin' things...!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Edith (f) is the dominant one out of her and Winston (m). I was told that it was most ideal to have the doe as dominant in an m-f pair. I really want a third bunny, but I just don't want to risk breaking Winston and Edith's bond!

When I had my quad, 2males and 2 females, one of the males was top bun.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

We have 2 females (Willow and Fudge) and a male (Salt) and to be honest I'm not sure who is more dominant. What are the characteristics of a dominant bunny?

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

The girl for me, got a boy and girl paired and shes definetly the more dominant of the two.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I actually have absolutely no idea...and I don't think they know either!

Ruby will put her head under Benny's chin for grooming and he will decide whether to groom her. If he doesn't she may nip him. He will then either move away or if annoyed by it chase her away nipping her bottom. A fur pulling, running at top speed, leaping in the air type fight will then break out for about a minute. The next moment they are snuggled up together again!

Ruby is a big wuss and Benny is brave. When in an unfamilar situation I have noticed Ruby crawls under Benny and he sits over her. This is how they always are when the vet opens the carrier at the vet!

They don't like to be apart - this bothers Ruby more than it bothers Benny.

Mama Doe

in the quad with all babies, 2 females 2 males, i know its tiggi (female) she gets everyone to groom her but occasionally grooms cosmo, she humps anyone who goes to the food first before her and when she doesnt get attention off me she picks on whoever im giving it too lol..
    in the quad with mum and dad bun and 2 babies (2 males 2 female) i THINK its squiggles mum bun but buttons the other female is still trying to be top dog and gets put in her place from squiggles. I do get confused though because willow dad bun does protect every bun from the other quad if they approach their home so he like to feel usefull lol..