• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothyhay.co.uk are now doing Oat hay

I cant upload but I have on Facebook the Rabbit United FB group... This link?

https://www.facebook.com/shayne.clarke.98/videos/1022859054500375/

Sorry

Pics though..

13886937_1022863327833281_9067977428488957937_n.jpg

13872630_1022863347833279_8683881634918696155_n.jpg

13876565_1022863361166611_3299570299311080709_n.jpg

HE LOVES IT!!!

Mine's turned up today. Oat hay looks lovely but sadly the bunnies (or piggies) didn't go mad for it :roll:. Bloody typical! Now the timothy hay, on the other hand - they'll have your arm off for that!

has anyone tried the 2016 timothy yet? what is that like compared to the previous years? (mine loved the 2013 hay, but not the 2014 or 2015 as much) :wave:

Thank you for size descriptions and reference pics :wave: Have ordered a wee sample of each :D I know the buns will probably prefer the timothy, but the piggies seem to prefer tougher/bigger stuff so may enjoy the oat. I'm a bit concerned the timothy hay may be a wee bit soft/thin for proper teeth wearage and that the oat hay be better for the buns? Seems much tougher? They are good hay eaters though, and have access to mixed types of grass 24/7.

Thank you for size descriptions and reference pics :wave: Have ordered a wee sample of each :D I know the buns will probably prefer the timothy, but the piggies seem to prefer tougher/bigger stuff so may enjoy the oat. I'm a bit concerned the timothy hay may be a wee bit soft/thin for proper teeth wearage and that the oat hay be better for the buns? Seems much tougher? They are good hay eaters though, and have access to mixed types of grass 24/7.

I was wondering about the Timothy as well as I appear to be allergic to the Oat. :?

Previous timothy hay from the same place has been a fair size, compared to the ings hay it's much bigger, not had the 2016 yet, will order some next payday :lol:

I'm nearly out of the Oat hay so I've just ordered some of the 2016 Timothy (20 kg - Dann's gonna kill me when he sees how much space it takes up in the shed :lol: )

I'll post on here when I get the verdict of the critics (the fuzzy ones)

Also hoping I won't come out in hives this time! :?

In my experience, the timothy hay is always very coarse and thick and goes down a storm with my bunnies - whatever the batch. We're still using up the last of the 2013 batch but I do now have a 2016 in stock. Not opened it yet though. I think the timothy is actually stalkier and stiffer than the oat because the strands are much wider in the oat hay, which makes it more flexible.

All I know is my bloody lot weren't interested in the 7kg of oat that I bought. It's currently in my spare room and the room now smells lush! Been trying to get in tough with Liz at RR to give it to her fluffs but not been able to make contact yet.

In my experience, the timothy hay is always very coarse and thick and goes down a storm with my bunnies - whatever the batch. We're still using up the last of the 2013 batch but I do now have a 2016 in stock. Not opened it yet though. I think the timothy is actually stalkier and stiffer than the oat because the strands are much wider in the oat hay, which makes it more flexible.

All I know is my bloody lot weren't interested in the 7kg of oat that I bought. It's currently in my spare room and the room now smells lush! Been trying to get in tough with Liz at RR to give it to her fluffs but not been able to make contact yet.

Oh, really? I was expecting it to be softer than the oat. Do you think it's too coarse for bedding?

Such a shame yours didn't like it! I may get some more after the baby's born and I can be reunited with my beloved antihistamines.

Oh, really? I was expecting it to be softer than the oat. Do you think it's too coarse for bedding?

Such a shame yours didn't like it! I may get some more after the baby's born and I can be reunited with my beloved antihistamines.

I just opened my 2016 timothy and it IS coarse and stalky - perfect for eating and just how mine love it. Probably not great for bedding but bunnies are strange creatures so who knows! It's also very green and smells lovely.

I just opened my 2016 timothy and it IS coarse and stalky - perfect for eating and just how mine love it. Probably not great for bedding but bunnies are strange creatures so who knows! It's also very green and smells lovely.

Ooh, thank you! The bunnies love it stalky for some reason, possibly because it's fun to hide in. :lol: Was thinking more for the guinea pigs as they're outside. I could switch to fleece strips though like I use for Luna. It's just that they do enjoy a spot of breakfast in bed. They have another 10ft of hay bedding to eat but that would mean crawling at least 2 inches. I know how hard that can be at 2am :lol:

Shayne, I dont suppose you know what breed you rabbit is? I have three that look identical, even down to the lopping one ear bit. We have no clue what they are as they were rescue bunnies :) x

Guys, is the website working OK for you? I am getting some random page when I try to click into it?!

has anyone tried the 2016 timothy yet? what is that like compared to the previous years? (mine loved the 2013 hay, but not the 2014 or 2015 as much) :wave:

My bag is coarse with lovely long stalky bit and very green. It also smells absolutely lush. My 6 buns have definitely enjoyed it as I got my first bag at the start of the month and I had to order another bag last night. I think it is going to be expensive this year, if I have to order 2 bags per month. :shock: :shock:

the 2016 hay is amazing!! very stalky and green. the piggies are going mad for it, and even bisc is eating it so it must be acceptable :lol:

Back