• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothyhay.co.uk are now doing Oat hay

That does look nice! Lola's tummy is so sensitive though so I daren't try her on anything other than their regular Timothy now, the new batches really affect my allergies when the 2013 didn't which is weird but when I give her anything else she gets a gross bad tummy so I'll just have to deal with the allergies! My vet looked at me like :shock: when I say I have a bale delivered to us from Scotland. We live in the countryside and probably have a load of suppliers around us down here :lol:

I was so excited when I got home from work today to see it sat on my doorstep, opened it and I'm really underwhelmed with it :( it looks nice but smells of, nothing really :( By contrast I have a bag of burns green oat hay outside and it smells GORGEOUS. Have I just got a duff bag? :cry:

Oh no that sucks :( I could smell mine before I even opened it so maybe it is a duff bag :( that, or I've just got a really smelly one and my next won't be as good!

Just ordered some, couldn't resist :lol:

So they have standard baled hay from the local farm, ings & now this & I'll do a timothy hay order at the end of the month :lol:

It's arrived! It smells so good I could eat it. As for the fuzzles... As soon as the delivery man put the sack down they were trying to bite through it! They went nuts when I filled their tray with it :)

IMG_20160802_114357_zps1ey5wkj8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I realy want this hay as i get the burns oat hay.... But ive no place to store it.. Ive already got burns oat hay readigrass timothy cheap hay and farm horse hay..... lol...

Question... Would hay be ok stored in the Loft/attic????

I realy want this hay as i get the burns oat hay.... But ive no place to store it.. Ive already got burns oat hay readigrass timothy cheap hay and farm horse hay..... lol...

Question... Would hay be ok stored in the Loft/attic????

As long as it's nice and dry up there it sounds ideal :)

Just cleaned out the piggies and put in a deep layer of this... they literally dived into it. They would normally wait for me to leave before entering their hutch as they're incurably shy... but they couldn't wait! :D

Mine is at home, can't wait to get home and try it, I mean give it to the buns :lol:

OMG my guys went crazy for it!!! Trying to work out how to get a pic on here (on my phone lol)

Lmao Shayne @ the top one - love it :lol:

Could anyone be so kind as to show a pic of their bale of oat hay in reference to something for size? I know it says 7 kgs but hard to judge :oops:

Lmao Shayne @ the top one - love it :lol:

Could anyone be so kind as to show a pic of their bale of oat hay in reference to something for size? I know it says 7 kgs but hard to judge :oops:

We've used a fair bit now but it was HUGE. about 1m tall by 40cm wide maybe?

Back