Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be able to take a rabbit in to a motorway services?

Default Would you be able to take a rabbit in to a motorway services?

I'm taking the bunnies with me for a 3-5 hour car journey, we always stop at a services for some food and stretch our legs.
    The rabbits will be in a carrier but would i be able to take them into the services with me? i would have thought not but what have you guys done in the past.
    I don't want to leave them in the hot car obviously

Any other alternatives maybe?

Yes, I don't see why not. I would just do it anyways and see if anyone said anything to me!

My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

I'd do it. I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to if they're in their case.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Yeah Should be absolutely fine!

I drove up to Wales this morning, and my little man came in the toilet with me.. So if you saw an idiot with a bunny in a carrier at Warwick services it was me!

Best thing was in the cubicle next to me, was a mum who had a kitten In a carrier too, she smiled at me and said going on holiday too? It's just to hot out their isn't it.. So Glad I'm not the only one xxx
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

I'd take them in too.

But then I've also taken a cat and a tortoise (on separate occasions and in carriers!) into supermarkets before!

They may object to them be in an area that serves food. So it depends how big the services area is.

I'd just take them in. They're confined to a carrier - what harm could they do? And unless the manager of the services can show you the sign that clearly says "no rabbits" then tell him to booger-orf .

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Scout

I have a similar question. We may be moving house to somewhere about 4 hours away - do rabbits eat on long journeys? Mine won't eat or drink in the carrier, too nervous, but I don't know if that's just because we've only gone short distances. Concerned about gut stasis.

I didn't think you could. I wouldn't want to put them through the stress of all the moving about, noise etc anyway.

When we've been travelling with pets, one of us has stayed in the car with the doors open (if it's hot) while the other goes to the loo and gets some food/takeaway drinks.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Bruno hamster

I suppose it depends on their temperament. I would take Benny or Beatrix but Ruby would be too stressed. Even when we go to the vets round the corner she burrows underneath Benny and shakes. I hate journeys with the buns!

Good luck - hope it goes ok!