• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house and want to stock the garden with rabbit friendly plants

coops

New Kit
Hi, I'm moving from the UK to Spain and taking our bonded pair of rabbits with us. The rabbits will have their hutch and a run area in the basement of the house in Spain (so they can get away from the heat) which has a sliding window on one wall which I'm going to build a tunnel system out of plywood so they can get up to it and out into the garden when the window is open. The garden isn't very big - about 10ft x 25ft and currently paved. I'm going to get the paving taken up and have a lawn laid and make part of the garden a secure run of about 7ft x 10ft for them. I'm starting from scratch so would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions for rabbit friendly plants that grow quick, and can deal with the summer in Catalunya.
Thanks, Richard.

That's easy :) Herbs, herbs and more herbs :wave: Things like Basil, Lavender, Sage, Oregano, Thyme and Rosemary will love the heat and will cope well with a drier climate. All parts of these plants could be fed to the rabbits.

Btw I'm very jealous :) It sounds wonderful.

Thyme deals really well with a central Spanish climate: the hills are full of it! It goes dry and brittle over summer but comes back in autumn. I can remember walking up the Arapiles now, smelling it... :D Best of luck with your move etc.!

Back