• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daryl (10/2014 - 15/07/16)

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I ended up coming home with four baby rats just before christmas 2014 after a long search for an older male for Blu my lone ratty, I was originally going to chose two but I couldn't chose which to take and which to leave behind so they all came with me. They were all very tame from the second they got home, but I knew I had a couple of trouble makers and one particularly soft one, which I named Daryl. He had a lovely nature, and used to love being played with and get all giddy and do a funny jumpy movement, similar to a rabbit binky which I've never seen a rat do :love: Daryl never suffered any illness until around a week ago I noticed he was off colour and he went down hill very quickly, after two vet visits and lots of medication he was just getting worse and worse and today I decided he should be helped to the bridge. I'm so sorry we couldn't get you better Daryl, but I couldn't let you suffer any more. I knew you wouldn't be happy as you would have never been able to climb or run again or join in with your brothers rough and tumble. You can be your cheeky self now, back to running and climbing as you should always do. I will always miss you sweetie, have a good time with Blu and you can meet Theodore, Honey and Treasure. Rick, Hershel, Glenn and I will see you when our time comes.

I ended up coming home with four baby rats just before christmas 2014 after a long search for an older male for Blu my lone ratty, I was originally going to chose two but I couldn't chose which to take and which to leave behind so they all came with me. They were all very tame from the second they got home, but I knew I had a couple of trouble makers and one particularly soft one, which I named Daryl. He had a lovely nature, and used to love being played with and get all giddy and do a funny jumpy movement, similar to a rabbit binky which I've never seen a rat do :love: Daryl never suffered any illness until around a week ago I noticed he was off colour and he went down hill very quickly, after two vet visits and lots of medication he was just getting worse and worse and today I decided he should be helped to the bridge. I'm so sorry we couldn't get you better Daryl, but I couldn't let you suffer any more. I knew you wouldn't be happy as you would have never been able to climb or run again or join in with your brothers rough and tumble. You can be your cheeky self now, back to running and climbing as you should always do. I will always miss you sweetie, have a good time with Blu and you can meet Theodore, Honey and Treasure. Rick, Hershel, Glenn and I will see you when our time comes.

So sorry to read of little Daryl's passing :cry:

RIP little Ratty xx

Thank you all. I spent the evening he passed planting some roses in the pot where he's burried in the garden. I hope it's a nice resting spot for him. Xx

Back