• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domino - 2007-2016.

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't posted here for a long time, so I don't know who is still around that knew Domino but, I can't let him pass without a little tribute. It doesn't seem right.

Writing a tribute post to this amazing rabbit is one of the hardest things to do, because no amount of words will ever be enough. He was born with me in 2007, Peanut Butter and Jelly's son, a complete 50/50 merger of his two parents. And I have carried a lot of guilt for that over the years, so when he was five months old, i had him neutered and adopted Pebbles to be his friend. They absolutely doted on each other, and when Peanut died, they became a trio with Jelly.

But Domino was just that little bit more special, we had a bond so close that he would come when he was called, he would climb into my lap for a snuggle, and he had an attitude over food that was so funny it became what he was known for. He's the rabbit who stole a packet of cola fizzy laces and scoffed a whole one before we got the packet off him, the rabbit who ate marmite on toast without anyone noticing, and last year, he stole an apple pie and ate all the filling. He became known for his expressive face, the way you could always tell what he was thinking and when he became ill in 2012, I thought I'd lost him.

His E.C was so bad, it's a miracle he bounced back. But he did. Living indoors alone as a solo bunny, our bond grew and when I was unwell, unable to get out of bed with my ME, he would be curled up on the bed with me. He gave me something to focus on, so I dedicated every day to making him better, using food as his motivation. It worked, and bit by bit he recovered.

When Jelly died, I rebonded him with Pebbles, and they were so in love as they had always been. But he still remained my little companion, running towards me if I ever came into the room, grooming me, we were just so inseparable. He developed arthritis, and the leg that had been bothering him since the EC had been playng up, so he had acupuncture, and laser therapy. But my beautiful boy was hiding so much more than that, and we found out after his breathing went downhill that his heart was enlarged, his windpipe pushed up and his lungs full of fluid. But did the boy ever stop eating? Of course not. He still scoffed his food and hid it so well.

So on July 7th, we let him go. And I am utterly, and completely heartbroken. There will never be another like him, and I'm so blessed he was my little friend.

I created a video, showing his life in 3 minutes. It really makes me smile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXUg5SO2wJw

Oh my, I'm so sorry for your loss. Domino sounds like a spectacular little soul and I'm sure a little bit of him will be with you always. xxx

I am so sorry you lost him :cry: he was a gorgeous boy, and he had a wonderful life.

Binky free Domino.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Hello SJ, I remember Domino so well. I am really sorry that you had to let him go. You both clearly had an extra special bond and I can fully understand the heartache you now feel. I wont lie, I am not sure that time does actually totally heal. I think it's more that we find ways to live with the loss of a Soul Rabbit. Some days being more 'doable' than others.

Try to take comfort in the wonderful memories Domino has given you to treasure forever. Part of him, the 'essence of his being' will never leave you. Just be open to feeling his presence, sometimes in places and in ways you may not expect. Our Soul Rabbits are always there, I truly believe that.

Binky Free Domino, you will be loved and remembered forever xx

What a beautiful rabbit :love: I am so sorry that you had to let him go. I hope that your special memories of Domino will comfort you at this sad time.

Hi SJ

I remember Domino, as he looks so much like my Max :D

Sending loads of hugs at this time for you, and run free Domino - always loved :love:

I'm so, so sorry SJ :cry:. Grief is a very difficult thing to deal with. Domino was such a lucky bunny to live with you. Benji sends you a special bunny kiss xx

I am so sorry SJ - Domino was a wonderful character, what incredible memories you will keep of him, and of course all your beautiful photos too. Thinking of you xxx

Hello SJ, I remember Domino so well. I am really sorry that you had to let him go. You both clearly had an extra special bond and I can fully understand the heartache you now feel. I wont lie, I am not sure that time does actually totally heal. I think it's more that we find ways to live with the loss of a Soul Rabbit. Some days being more 'doable' than others.

Try to take comfort in the wonderful memories Domino has given you to treasure forever. Part of him, the 'essence of his being' will never leave you. Just be open to feeling his presence, sometimes in places and in ways you may not expect. Our Soul Rabbits are always there, I truly believe that.

Binky Free Domino, you will be loved and remembered forever xx

It's nice to read that some people here are familiar faces so they remember him :). He really was a spectacular rabbit who had such a funny personality. I miss him very much.

I'm so, so sorry SJ :cry:. Grief is a very difficult thing to deal with. Domino was such a lucky bunny to live with you. Benji sends you a special bunny kiss xx

Thank you, that means so much. I wish you weren't so far away so I could bug you for a Benji cuddle haha.

It is so difficult, I miss him so much because he was such a wonderful rabbit with such a big personality. I'm trying to tell myself he had such a great life, but its hard isn't it. nine years for him is amazing given his history. I just wish we had more time.

Oh I loved Domino as he reminded me of 'Pud' and I always use to love seeing photos of him .I'm so very sorry to hear you have lost him :cry:
What lovely photos and tribute to him,

Binky free forever gorgeous boy at the Bridge , you were loved xxxx

Thinking of you xxxx

Back