• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pipe Connections

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Hello,

Just a few quick questions!

How many of you have pipe connections between your hutch & run?
Do you keep it permanently attached?
What do you do when it rains?

I've got connections from the Welfare Hutch Co, and have purchased some bits from runaround to improve/upgrade.

Just wondering how everyone else sets up.

Thanks

Sar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have outdoor rabbits any more, but when I did, at first I did have them in a hutch with an 8ft runaround tube connecting to a run. They had access to the run at all times, even when it rained. Obviously the run needs to be secure, made of wood and 16 or 19guage weld mesh and either weldmesh under the turf to stop digging out/digging in, or be bolted down onto concrete.

The run is solidly made, with a thick mesh so no problems there. How do you mesh underneath, incase they dig out?

Sar

That's good :thumb: You dig up the turf in the area that the run will be, put down mesh to cover the whole area, to come out at least as far as where the run sides will be, and then replace the turf.

I will soon be getting the Welfare Hutch starter set which has a pipe going from hutch to run and it will be permanently attached. I'm thinking of getting the thick rubber equestrian mats (Ark mats from eBay / Amazon) for flooring under the runs - I've read of a few people using these. Run will be fixed in some way to the ground as well though. My rabbits are older at 7 1/2 though so less likely to attempt escape tbh.

Has anybody had any problems with feet/sore hocks and the corrugated tubing? Foxy knocked her hocks, and is recovering and hutch bound but I'm looking to get a smoother tube?

Back