• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

!Help!

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
I put Petra outside this morning and she was fine.

I brought her in around 6pm and there's a few bits of poop in her litter tray. I tried offering her parsley (she's a parsley fiend) and she refused it.

She had some feaces stuck to her bum so I've cleaned them off but i noticed a bit of poo in her scent glands(?!)

She's refusing to come out of behind the sofa and if i pick her up she'll have a cuddle and then run back behind the sofa. Her stomach was rumbling before.

She's going to have to go to the vets in the morning but until then, what can i do?!

It's only been a few hours and she has pooped. Am i being a worry wart?!

I'm trying to refrain from Google- it's telling me she's going to die!

Last edited:
I put Petra outside this morning and she was fine.

I brought her in around 6pm and there's a few bits of poop in her litter tray. I tried offering her parsley (she's a parsley fiend) and she refused it.

She had some feaces stuck to her bum so I've cleaned them off but i noticed a bit of poo in her scent glands(?!)

She's refusing to come out of behind the sofa and if i pick her up she'll have a cuddle and then run back behind the sofa. Her stomach was rumbling before.

She's going to have to go to the vets in the morning but until then, what can i do?!

It's only been a few hours and she has pooped. Am i being a worry wart?!

I'm trying to refrain from Google- it's telling me she's going to die!

When did she last eat?

I would try her with anything that you think she might eat.

Also have you seen her drinking? Maybe try flavouring her water with something such as apple juice to get her to have something.

I would try her with anything that you think she might eat.

Also have you seen her drinking? Maybe try flavouring her water with something such as apple juice to get her to have something.

I tried her before with parsley, apple a strawberry and a grape. She wasn't having any of it. I haven't seen her drink water. I might try syringe some water into her mouth.

I think perhaps you should give it a couple of hours and if no change then I would consider taking her to an OOH vet. It is now several hours since she has eaten and that coupled with hiding behind the sofa would worry me.

I think perhaps you should give it a couple of hours and if no change then I would consider taking her to an OOH vet. It is now several hours since she has eaten and that coupled with hiding behind the sofa would worry me.

I just threatened her. She has an hour.

Oh no, thinking of you!!

How is she now?

To be honest, I've never found an OOH vet who knows what to do about rabbits :( I hope you've got a good one...

She's had a bit more water. No food or poos yet. I'm giving her another half hour and then she's getting oxbow'd. My vet surgery is like half an hour away but they are brilliant.

She's had a bit more water. No food or poos yet. I'm giving her another half hour and then she's getting oxbow'd. My vet surgery is like half an hour away but they are brilliant.

Great you've got a good vet :thumb:

If you're going to google, look at this instead - it's a great article, and will prepare you if you see a vet who may not know as much as he should:

http://anyflip.com/dvpt/hzvv/basic

Good luck! I'm working late so will keep checking on you both :D

Great you've got a good vet :thumb:

If you're going to google, look at this instead - it's a great article, and will prepare you if you see a vet who may not know as much as he should:

http://anyflip.com/dvpt/hzvv/basic

Good luck! I'm working late so will keep checking on you both :D

We were referred to this one last year after she fractured her jaw. She's amazing she really is I don't mind traveling the distance to see her.

I've scanned through that document thank you so much. I'll syringe her some water now and then give her some oxbow in about 10 minutes. Guess that's me up for a while good job there's not much left to do before i leave work this week!

We've had 2 syringes of water before i got booted in the face. We're having 2 minutes cuddle time and then more water.

We do have 2 tiny poos though!!

We've had 2 syringes of water before i got booted in the face. We're having 2 minutes cuddle time and then more water.

We do have 2 tiny poos though!!

2 tiny poos!

Certainly a gut slow down .. However, you're doing great :thumb:

She timed it right for you, huh?

2 tiny poos!

Certainly a gut slow down .. However, you're doing great :thumb:

She timed it right for you, huh?

Yup 2. 2 tiny little poops!!

We've now had half a bowl of oxbow. I'll give her 20 minutes then she's having the other half.

At first she took it fine but then she was moving her head and staring at me like whyyyy. You know when you're a kid and someone tries to force feed you something you don't like so you turn your head and side eye them? That was the look.

Should i try cleaning her scent glands could that be the problem?!

Yup 2. 2 tiny little poops!!

We've now had half a bowl of oxbow. I'll give her 20 minutes then she's having the other half.

At first she took it fine but then she was moving her head and staring at me like whyyyy. You know when you're a kid and someone tries to force feed you something you don't like so you turn your head and side eye them? That was the look.

Should i try cleaning her scent glands could that be the problem?!

Ah you mentioned those. It won't be poo in there, just secretions. You can clean them but it won't be the issue.

How about very gentle tummy rubs? Have you any Infacol?

Back