• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay and staw.co.uk

Yes I've bought from them lots before (well they have recently rebranded from hayforpets but it's the same stuff!)

I always buy the Ings which smells amazing and my buns adore, if your buns like stalkier hay their Timothy and rye is popular with many buns on the forum but I find the Ings is often greener and my guys prefer the softer strands.

Or they do a small sample pack so your buns can choose for themselves!

Last edited:
is the timothy and rye quite stalky and green. ive bought a stalky meadow hay from dust free hay and payed £30 for it, then i found the hay and straw website. I weighed mine and it was 8kg. I could have got 9.5kg for £18 from there so i want to try there next. mine like a mixture of both, soft and stalky so i need two lots. whats the hay like from there in regards to that xx

is the timothy and rye quite stalky and green. ive bought a stalky meadow hay from dust free hay and payed £30 for it, then i found the hay and straw website. I weighed mine and it was 8kg. I could have got 9.5kg for £18 from there so i want to try there next. mine like a mixture of both, soft and stalky so i need two lots. whats the hay like from there in regards to that xx

The Timothy and rye is stalky, the green-ness depends on the cut and I don't know what it is like at the moment I'm afraid. My guys have always really liked t&r but they prefer the Ings which is a softer hay. The Ings hay tends to be long and quite soft and green, the stands are often quite wide as well as if it's the type of grass you could have used to make a whistle out of before it was cut and derived into hay.

I read this thread earlier today and needed to order some more hay, so I decided to give them a go.

I usually buy Western Oxbow Timothy hay, but it's been costing around £30 for a 9lb bag, which gets used in no time. I've just ordered around the same amount for £14 for their Ings hay.

I hope they like it, I'll come back and update x

thanks hele thats what i needed to know youve just described my buns 2 favorite hays there lol.. i will buy one of each when this is gone. The bag doesnt seem to be going down though its that tightly compressed.
thethreebs let me know how your buns find it xx

thanks hele thats what i needed to know youve just described my buns 2 favorite hays there lol.. i will buy one of each when this is gone. The bag doesnt seem to be going down though its that tightly compressed.
thethreebs let me know how your buns find it xx

The Ings is really really good :wave: Mine love it and much prefer it to the small amount of hay we make at home :shock:

Just received my Ings delivery. I used to get it regularly before getting the Timothy hay.uk. I'm pleased to report its still as good as it always was 👍

oooooh cant wait to try it now. My biggest expenditure now is on hay. Ive started using megazorb in the trays with a little hay and ive got hanging baskets which are flat at the back over the trays has hay racks. I buy their food in a 20kg bag so that saves me money its just the hay now that i want to get down in price, obviously without losing the quality. I think £30 for 7ish kg of hay from dustfreehay is a lot for 8 buns who eat loads everyday.

the timothy and rye isn't very green at the moment but it's very stalky. i've just switched back to it after using timothyhay.co.uk for ages because their new 2015 hay isn't very nice :( the hay for pets timothy is better at the moment but still not great. think it was a bad year for hay last go, although the ings hay we have been getting recently is the best it's ever been - very soft and green :wave:

eta: i find the dust free hays are always poor quality.

the timothy and rye isn't very green at the moment but it's very stalky. i've just switched back to it after using timothyhay.co.uk for ages because their new 2015 hay isn't very nice :( the hay for pets timothy is better at the moment but still not great. think it was a bad year for hay last go, although the ings hay we have been getting recently is the best it's ever been - very soft and green :wave:

eta: i find the dust free hays are always poor quality.

yeah i got the stalky one and its not very green at all. Smells lovely but i cut my hand getting it out of the sack its that tight. Buying 2 black bins to store it in for my next order. Im hearing nice things about the Ings. Trust this hay to be lasting for a change.

Back