• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In memory of Aurora.

Hey guys, it's been almost a month since I had to have my beloved girl Aurora PTS.
e6da0dd03046e784370b786324f68e6e.jpg

I'm not going to lie and say it's been easy. It hasn't. It's been so very very hard to keep myself together but I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I did the very best I could for my big girl and that the final outcome was indeed the best decision I could have made for her, no more suffering and no more pain.

Thus bringing me to the point of my post. It's something I have wanted to do from the moment I became bunny mother to Aurora, a way to have her with me forever. Since having her cremated wasn't possible for me at the time (she's buried in my granny's yard alongside her brother Biscuit)
c5b8cc349c543e82ff1bfbaefd074db9.jpg

I feel as though I need something to make me feel closer to her, so that she's always with me. So.. I've taken the plunge to have an Aurora bunny inspired tattoo (I'm not new to the tattoo world, I have several but this one is special) As a homage, I suppose you could say, to someone who brought such joy to my life. I just thought I'd share that with you guys since the last time I posted I was in a very sad place and now knowing that my special girl is going to be permanently with me (in tattoo form) gives me great happiness. It'd also be nice to be given the opportunity to explain why I got her tattooed and tell her story if people do indeed ask about it. I feel it'd help me cope better (although no doubt some people may find it quite.. Sad [emoji23] I don't care) Until they lose something so close to their heart they have no right to judge.

No doubt I shall share pictures when it has been done but for now I'd like to thank all of you that helped me through this month, all your kind words helped me a great deal when I was in a very dark place and I'll be forever grateful.

Did any of you guys have a special memorial thing that you did for your lost pets? I'd love to hear about what you guys have done to keep their memory alive [emoji4]

I'm pretty sure I've seen people do that. Maybe they'll come along and tell you about it. I look forward to seeing your photographs.

I had one done of my bridge bunny and my living bunny and also my bridge cat ( i class her as my bridge cat as she went missing 2 years ago this month and have not seen her since ), it's a lovely reminder and can look at them all the time as they are tattooed on my leg xx

I think it's a lovely idea.

Sorry again that you lost her, I'm glad that you have been able to start to come to terms with what happened x

That is a lovely idea to remember her, she was truly beautiful :love: sorry you lost her :cry: xx

Hey guys! So this is just a quick update, not sure if I'm doing this right? ( I don't know how/if I'm able to edit my original post) but I got my memorial tattoo and I couldn't be happier!

4cffbc724e36b21b715f3acafa313dbc.jpg

As you may or may not be able to tell [emoji23] it's on my thigh and I could not be happier with my tattooist. I allowed him to have free reign over the design as long as it had some resemblance of my Aurora. I personally asked for the added carrot charm on her collar because she couldn't get enough of them! I hope you guys like it! I for one am ecstatic! (The flaky, itchy healing stage has kicked in which I'm not entirely thrilled about right now but hey ho!)

So yeah! That's my update! Not only will she always have a place in my heart but now she's been immortalised on my leg and I'm just so darn happy!

Back