• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tabitha, Charles, Cecile

Am so sorry to read this xx :cry::cry::cry: xx

But it sounds as though they went peacefully - and never had to grieve for each other. You must feel very lost with three holes in your heart all at once though - can't imagine what that must be like.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I can't believe I missed this. Binky free at the bridge bunnies xxx

I'm so sorry hb :cry: How are you doing?xx

I'm ok, Bunslave.
I was a bit of a wreck on Tuesday. Now, I keep thinking I ought to 'Go and feed the rabbits'. I dreamt the other night that I was being followed around by a gang of black rabbits with sores by their eyes. None of mine were black, Cecile was a lovely dark grey, but at the end, they all had eye issues. I haven't taken down their compounds yet. I'll have to do that soon.
I went to the usual vet, and was so grateful that they were so understanding and kind - and the vet remarked on how they'd never been ill, really, never needed ongoing treatment, just had healthy lives and grown old. And truly, the buns were ready, they weren't upset or scared of being there, they were fine, they snuggled down and went to sleep. Charlie came back for some more hay, which made me smile. I'm fine. I tell myself they didn't suffer, they were all together. I'm so glad I didn't bring Cecile back alone, to a lonely life wondering where everybun had gone.
Thanks for asking. Seems I had a lot to say.:)

eta: and thanks again! that gave me the boost I needed to go and look at the rabbit area. the compounds are down now but there's a lot of cleaning left to do. biggest shock/most heartwarming... when matthew died I gave tabby a furry, fluffy baby fleece to snuggle up to. I found it in her hide, huddled into bunny shape, clean and cared for. I knew she snuggled up in there but I didn't know she actually used it. at first glance it looked like Charlie Rabbit, white and fluffy, complete with tail.:shock:

Last edited:
It makes all the difference in the world when you have a vet/nurses who are compassionate and really care. It's not a bad way to go when you've had a long happy life so I wouldn't think for an instance they suffered at all. It's who they left behind that has the pain, to clear the detritus of their lives.
It must have been hard to face their living space but I'm glad you found the Charlie rabbit blanket like he never left her and hope it made you smile a little. Thinking of you xxx

I am so sorry only just seen this thread not sure how I missed it, its lovely that you where able to be with them all and they passed peacefully :cry: binky free Tabitha, Charles, Cecile xxx

Thank you!

Its a week today. I'm still doing a double-take in the veg section at Asda, because I don't need all the usual things. I am so, so glad I didn't bring poor Cecile home, blind and with her newly-sore footsies (how? how?, she lived on deep hay) to try to manage without her brother. I feel guilty for even having thought of it. And when I saw them snuggling down together, before the vet had done her work, I knew it would be wrong to separate them. None of them fought it. Nobun looked distressed. They were all cosy and gentle. Sleep well, little ones.

I'm so sorry I have only just seen this.

What a heartbreaking decision to make but incredibly brave.

Binky Free Tabitha, Charles and Cecile.

Sending hugs to you HB
xxx

This is truely heart breaking to read. My heart goes out to you. Poor babies but u kindly gave the peace together. So sad. I am so sorry xxx

The change in the light just told my body it was time to feed the rabbits.
I haven't had rabbits for nearly a year.
RIP, little ones.
:cry:

Back