• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tabitha, Charles, Cecile

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
Tabitha Rabbit 8 June 2007 - 28 June 2016
Charlemagne (Charles, Charlie Rabbit) 15 June 2007 - 28 June 2016
Cecile Bun-Bun 15 June 2007 - 28 June 2016

Many rabbits have done excellently, but you have excelled them all.

Tabitha - Tumour by eye, undercarriage collapse and wounds, unable to clean herself
Charles - Tumour on jaw, blind
Cecile - Blind, hock problems

All three moving slowly, sleeping a lot. Random further infections.

According to the vet, the only one who could reasonably have come home with me to day 'to see how she coped' as a totally blind, sore, lone rabbit was Cecile. But Cecile and Charles were litter-mates and had never spent even an hour apart. Cecile is the bun we were told would only live a couple of years because she was unusually small.

The vet and nurses managed the euthanizing of my three-bunnehs very well. It was slow (nearly two hours in the surgery) and gentle and very peaceful. Charles and Cecile died as they had lived, side by side, ears thrown across each other. Apart from Charlie stopping dying for a few minutes to have some hay and a look round, that is. But that was peaceful too. Tabby just snuggled down. I was able to stroke all three constantly during their final moments and stay with them until they had all gone.

I cried buckets. I was in tears before I went in because we all had an idea what was coming. They all had treats last night. The vet (Rachel) and nurses were all very kind and gave me lots of tissues, and gave me time alone with the buns.

I went to the supermarket on my way home. I didn't have to buy any spring greens, fine beans or herbs. :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh HB I am so terribly sorry :cry: They have indeed done very well, but it is also a very sad time. Sending lots of hugs.

I cannot imagine how heartbreaking this must have been for you, I am so so sorry :cry::cry::cry:

I hope that in time you can take comfort from knowing that you gave them a long and happy life.

Take care xx

Sweet dreams Tabitha, Charles and Cecile xx

Oh no, how awful for you :cry::cry::cry: I'm so very sorry. You did the kindest thing for them and let them go together. Such a sad time :cry:

Biggest hugs xx

I'm so sorry HB :cry:
I don't have any words :( sending hugs though Xxx

Binky free Tabitha, Charles and Cecile :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can truly empathise with how awful it is to have to say a final farewell to several Rabbits at the same time :cry: I am so sorry :cry:

RIP Tabitha, Charles and Cecile xx

Thank you. If it hadn't been so well-managed by the vet team, I would have been much worse. My comfort is remembering them as they fell asleep so peacefully, as I talked to them and stroked them, and told them what good bunnies they had been. xxx

Thank you. If it hadn't been so well-managed by the vet team, I would have been much worse. My comfort is remembering them as they fell asleep so peacefully, as I talked to them and stroked them, and told them what good bunnies they had been. xxx

I'm shedding tears with you HB. You were very brave.

I remember letting two of mine go at the same time, cuddled up, peacefully.

Your house must seem empty now. Sending love and hugs xx

Sleep peacefully Cecile, Tabitha & Charles. It was kind of you to let all buns go peacefully together, better for them though hard on you xx

It was dreadful enough when I had Cherry and Hovis PTS together, but three bunnies must have been horrendous. Like you, I had the time to stroke them and was holding them both when they died. An understanding vet and vet nurses makes all the difference.

My two are buried together and I think I did the right thing but the house seems so empty without house bunnies.

I am so glad your three gorgeous bunnies died peacefully and that they have all gone to the Bridge together. It is better for them that way - but incredibly painful for you.

Gentle hug xxx

Back