• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Staffordshire area??

Stargirl170

Young Bun
Hi All
Now that I have 5 bunnies, I would like to stop spending ridiculous amounts of money on shop brought hay! It currently costs me £15 for 2 large bags of timothy hay and it only last two weeks 
I’ve been looking round for farms that supply large bales of meadow hay but I am really struggling to find anything in Staffordshire…particularly around the Stafford/Cannock area.
Is anyone able to advise me on any decent suppliers? Thank you!

Would Moor Hall Hotel be too far for you? My dad works there and picks me hay up from The Hungry Horse which is literally a 5 second drive down the road to the hotel.

The bales have gone up in price since I started buying them a few years ago but they last so I'm not too bothered! I think they're just over £5 now. The have a massive stock in the back with straw bales. The woman now knows my dad will ask for "nice green bales for the rabbits" :lol:

Here's a link to the address if you want to see how far it is! https://www.google.co.uk/#q=the hun...,2395&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd:;si:8823473903179689188

Thank you! I'll have a look at the link, it's not too far , I make fortnightly trips to Birmingham so I might try it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is Shenstone nearer? I get mine from AK Feeds :)

Lynn Lane, Shenstone, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 0DT

:wave:
We used dust free hay for years as our Oscar was indoors. I think we used to have 8 big bags of really compressed hay for about £40 delivered, it lasted a couple of months at least. Have a look on their website or phone them they are really helpful.

ive been searching for hay bales near merseyside with no success. I have 8 buns and the hay goes nowhere, im going buying it every week because i can only carry so much at a time. Does anyone know any hay sellers near my area, i would love to be able to buy a bale of hay.

Don't know if it's too far for you, but I get my bales from long acres farm by hollybush garden centre, £5.00 a bale, always lovely hay :)

thanks xx ive bought a big bale from dust free hay last night to try after reading reviews. I hope they like it, i normally buy the large bag from b&m but our shop has only had the small ones in which only lasts a day so i tried the meadow hay from wilkos and it smells like golden virginia tobacco and is very thin and stringy. I wont be getting that again.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I've been having a look at what is available to buy online too and have found a few things. I've also been looking for the best price as I was hoping to get hold of Timothy hay as this is the best but it is also more expensive!

I currently buy Pets at Home timothy hay - 6kg for £15 which only lasts me around 2 weeks.

I found two websites that seem to offer more at a better price:

timothyhay.co.uk who do 10kg for £19.50

or

colehay.co.uk who do 14kg for £25 (17.50 + 7.50 shipping)

both of these options are better than what I am getting from pets at home, although I'm edging towards getting the 14kg as it will last be a lot longer.

My question is, have any of you ever brought from these online sites? Particularly Colehay?
I was hoping to get some good reviews before buying!

Thank you :)

For my 3 rabbits I buy 20kg of timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk as it's a few pounds cheaper and saves me buying one the week after! They last at least 3 weeks each as I use it as hay rack hay and then the baled hay is for the litter trays.

I also buy a 9.5kg bag of ings hay from hayforpets (£18 inc postage) which lasts a month+ as again, it's hay rack hay so not as much is wasted :)

Last edited:
For my 3 rabbits I buy 20kg of timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk as it's a few pounds cheaper and saves me buying one the week after! They last at least 3 weeks each as I use it as hay rack hay and then the baled hay is for the litter trays.
I did look at the 20kg but wasn't sure whether it would be too much! 20kg only lasts your 3 rabbits 3 weeks? :O

I have 5 rabbits haha, so maybe 20kg would be the better option for me :? Just wondering where on earth I would store it lol

I did look at the 20kg but wasn't sure whether it would be too much! 20kg only lasts your 3 rabbits 3 weeks? :O

I have 5 rabbits haha, so maybe 20kg would be the better option for me :? Just wondering where on earth I would store it lol

No 10kg lasts 3 weeks :D The 20kg comes in 2 10kg bags so it's just a bit of a discount :)

Back