• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits scab on back fallen off :/

emilylp123

New Kit
The scab has fallen off to reveal yellow underneath???? I have her booked in at vets tomorrow but I'm quite concerned as doesn't yellow indicate infection?? I have taken a few pics but unsure on how to upload, thanks

To upload photos you need to use something like Photobucket and that's all the help I can give you as I've never been able to figure it out sadly - too old I assume! Hope there isn't any infection.

anyone know if this looks infected??? no swelling weeping or puss but looks a bit yacky

:cry:

From the photos it does not look to be infected. It just looks as though the scab came off a bit too soon. The red line around the creamy coloured area is part of the normal skin healing process.

thank you for your reply.

im still really confused about what It could be but have been advised and also searched the internet and found it could be because of the vaccinations.

it doesn't seem to bother her at all , shall I just leave it as is until I take her to vets tomorrow?

she must have taken it off through the night as it was still intact before I went to be.

thankyou.

im still really confused about what It could be but have been advised and also searched the internet and found it could be because of the vaccinations.

it doesn't seem to bother her at all , shall I just leave it as is until I take her to vets tomorrow?

she must have taken it off through the night as it was still intact before I went to be.

thankyou.

Yes, I would leave it alone and let the Vet take a look at it tomorrow :)

Sometimes there is a reaction at the sight of an injection so it could be this but hope it is nothing serious, it's a little worrying I know. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

thankyou.

It looks very like the injection reaction that my bunny had, and it healed (with my intervention) on it's own.

It does look like it's healing, but if you'd like the vet to take a look anyway, there's no harm :wave:

Back