• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing the also recently rescued bun, Persephone. UD: New *cute* photos!

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Some of you may know Persephone's story from HER RESCUE MISSION post.

For those who do not, and want to know, without delving into the thread, this is basically it:

Persephone was abandoned in a flat when her original family returned to their country of origin. She was left in a very small hamster cage. The new flat occupant moved in, found her, and she got advertised on a generic Facebook selling group as "Anyone want a white rabbit? Need gone." Somebody asked for pictures, but I thought something was awry and offered to step in. I was intending just to let this be a temporary stopgap - to make sure she was housed appropriately with someone who knows what they are doing -, but apparently, I am not capable of that.

When I got there, I was introduced to this most stunning chocolate point mini rex doe. And when I say stunning, I mean stunning. Everyone who meets this little lady ends up underneath her spell. She's magical.

Persephone, or Seffy as we generally call her, has such a zest for life and is full of character. She just has the most wonderful spirit. She binkies almost daily. She commands and demands attention - continually begging for noserubs. Today, she even groomed me, without me even asking for it. Seffy seems like she is thriving now she is in this new environment.

There's a lot we have left to do before I'll be happy with her true care, but these things take time. For now, she is safe, she is happy, and she is loved.

P1060581_zpsoecazdvt.jpg

P1060584_zpsb9v0v9cw.jpg

P1060586_zpsuslsts8a.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, she really is gorgeous. I hate to think what may have happened had you not rescued her. Well done you! She's so lucky to have you and I think she is really trying to tell you that :)

I agree, she is stunning! :love:
I just don't understand how anypne could just abandon an animal like that, it's horrible :(
I'm so glad she's safe now though!

Thank you everyone. :)

Persephone is a delight. She's really coming out of her shell now, and I couldn't be prouder. If she's out roaming now, instead of solely binkying like a loon, she will also come and demand noserubs. This girl is almost the complete opposite of being headshy. She's started actively putting her paws on my lap to demand those rubs. If you're not stroking her nose, she's not happy with you! She's still full of binkies too, though. Also, I'm fairly certain she's a bit of a diva; if things aren't going her way, she'll breathe heavily through her nose - almost whistling - and then thump in disgust. I had to clip her front claws today as they were a little on the long side and she was one VERY unhappy bunny. :lol: But I was soon forgiven after giving her noserubs again.

I love her so much. :love:

I am and am not looking forward to her spay, on July 12th. (I've been through five spays, one neuter, and one abscess removal in the past, but that doesn't mean it gets any easier!) However, I know that once it's done, and she's had a month or so to recover, then I can finally go get her Honeybunny husbunny. :)

A few more photos.

Persephone (or Seffy) has met E, my OH's little girl, several times now. Seffy is by far and away E's favourite of my 9 buns. She's so good with her. (That can be applied both ways round, hah.) I'm really proud of how these two interact with one another; they've both come a long way.

P1060661_zpsytjywrhb.jpg

P1060663_zpspdvi0oju.jpg

P1060660_zpsqzzib4bw.jpg

"Hello, small hoomin."

P1060666_zpsb9j0kp8f.jpg

P1060668_zpsj0ezwqij.jpg

P1060669_zpsibyhy85n.jpg

Those pics of her with your OH's daughter is just SO heart warming.

Rabbits are such lovely, curious creatures. Persephone looks to have such a sweet nature. Gorgeous x

Back