• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny loss :(

zippyc

New Kit
Hi

My name is Zoe and I live in Norwich. I have two young children and I had two bunnies, Lucy and Toby. Lucy sadly passed away Tuesday leaving Toby who is a very sad little man. He's given himself stasis bless him. Looking to rebond him with another lady rabbit but don't know where to start? My kids are very sad too so hoping seeing Toby happier will help.

Thanks for any help x

Hi there, I'm so sorry for your loss of Lucy. What lovely names as well.

I would recommend contacting a rescue centre as they will often ensure the new bun is neutered and vaccinated and potentially help with bonding too, all for a donation. There are lots on here and you could have a look through the rehome section.

Welcome to the forum and hope your kids are ok too. xx

Welcome to the forum :wave: I'm sorry it's under such sad circumstances and am really sorry that you have lost Lucy :cry:

I think your first task is to make sure that Toby recovers well from his stasis. I presume that he has seen a vet and is having medication. Do you know what caused Lucy's death?

Once Toby is fit and well again, I would contact any rescues local to you to see which rabbits they have available for adoption. Sometimes people take their rabbit along to the rescue to allow the rabbit to choose a new partner. Also some rescues will help with the bonding of the two rabbits, if you don't feel confident to do this yourself.

I wish you well and again I'm very sorry.

Hello :wave:
Sorry to hear of your loss, I hope he is ok now and you find a partner soon, as others,said a rescue will help.
Binky free little Lucy bunny x

Hi

My name is Zoe and I live in Norwich. I have two young children and I had two bunnies, Lucy and Toby. Lucy sadly passed away Tuesday leaving Toby who is a very sad little man. He's given himself stasis bless him. Looking to rebond him with another lady rabbit but don't know where to start? My kids are very sad too so hoping seeing Toby happier will help.

Thanks for any help x

Hey there and welcome to RU :wave:

I'm so very sorry that you lost Lucy. How is Toby's stasis being treated at the moment?

Of course, he has to get entirely better, but immediately after that would probably be a good time to begin looking for another rabbit. Rescue Centres often have many that they would like to rehome, and you can also look here:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk

A rescue centre will usually help you bond the two rabbits, which may be helpful given you have two young children already.

I hope you will stay with us - there's loads to learn here xx

Welcome to the forum :wave: So sorry you lost Lucy :(

Good luck with finding a friend for Toby, I hope he feels better soon x

welcome to the forum, sorry in sad circumstances, do you know why Lucy died? where they vaccinated? hope Toby feels better soon and when you can adopt a new bunny friend I am sure he will be happy again

Sweet dreams Lucy

I hope your little man makes a full recovery soon, some bunnies don't cope well with loss & need lots of TLC

Welcome to RU, I hope you stick around

Hi just reporting in, sorry for the massive delay. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Toby now has a new friend and is a much happier bunny. He perked up within hours of meeting his friend and is being a trooper. He's been a very caring boy and is looking after his lady friend (ella). He's also teaching her bad habits..suppose at least I know he's back to normal. Missing Lucy loads still but I'm so relieved to see Toby happy. The vet said the bond must have been very strong with Lucy.

Aw, that's great that Toby has a new friend to keep him company :)

Would love to see some photos of them both, if you are able x

Very pleased to see this update. I hope that Toby and Ella will be very happy together.

Hi just reporting in, sorry for the massive delay. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Toby now has a new friend and is a much happier bunny. He perked up within hours of meeting his friend and is being a trooper. He's been a very caring boy and is looking after his lady friend (ella). He's also teaching her bad habits..suppose at least I know he's back to normal. Missing Lucy loads still but I'm so relieved to see Toby happy. The vet said the bond must have been very strong with Lucy.

Thank you for updating - that's lovely :love:

Hi, a nueterd female should get on. May take a little while for them to bond and may fight abit but if you take it slowly in a neutral place should be fine. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Back