Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: RHD2 Updated 20th February 2018

I've mentioned this previously, when Vets4Pets didn't cover the RHD2 vaccination for rabbits but only the Novibac combi.

I have now heard - please someone confirm this is reliable - that the vac4life programme now covers BOTH vaccinations

In addition, if your rabbit is in a high risk area and needs two RHD2 vaccinations in one year, they will discount the second one by 30%.

https://www.vets4pets.com/pet-health...fers/vac4life/

(However, since writing this I have also heard that not all branches are doing this, and some are only covering the RHD2 in their Complete Care Package)

Please let me have your experiences

My poppets had their filavac this morning. My vet volunteered that she is vaccinating a lot more rabbits now but on balance more of the rabbit owners she sees have not heard of rhd2 than have. I asked if she has heard of any adverse reactions from her patients - none at all which is good. She looked at the data sheet re: eravac last week & said it has no duration given.

Anyway it was nice to have my bi annual Mousey pie cuddle when she leaps from the vets table on to my shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    My poppets had their filavac this morning. My vet volunteered that she is vaccinating a lot more rabbits now but on balance more of the rabbit owners she sees have not heard of rhd2 than have. I asked if she has heard of any adverse reactions from her patients - none at all which is good. She looked at the data sheet re: eravac last week & said it has no duration given.

Anyway it was nice to have my bi annual Mousey pie cuddle when she leaps from the vets table on to my shoulder
    I was quizzing her about Eravac last week, so that will be me then!
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    I was quizzing her about Eravac last week, so that will be me then!
    at least she is doing her research. I always feel like I'm quizzing her too - think she is getting used to me now

at least she is doing her research. I always feel like I'm quizzing her too - think she is getting used to me now
    I think she loves it. She is very thorough and it's really nice to have a vet that gives you credit for knowing a fair bit and discusses her reasons for decisions etc, she often asks what my experience is on various things, she definitely values input. My original vets had a much different approach. She spent a massive amount of time discussing anaesthetic protocols for Erin too which was brilliant instead of dismissing me as an obsessive!
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Good to hear

Angie B's Thumper had a bad reaction so has had Eravac this time, which has proved OK without problems

Yeah, so much so that this morning I booked Barnaby in for his vaccination (4.15 appt today) and they've just rung to say they haven't got any Filavac!! *grumbles*

Yeah, so much so that this morning I booked Barnaby in for his vaccination (4.15 appt today) and they've just rung to say they haven't got any Filavac!! *grumbles*
    that's a bummer. She did ask reception to order more when she came out of our app on Monday so you can blame my three

that's a bummer. She did ask reception to order more when she came out of our app on Monday so you can blame my three
    It only takes 24 hours to arrive so either reception didn't order or they have used it already. .. definitely not J,B&M's fault.

It only takes 24 hours to arrive so either reception didn't order or they have used it already. .. definitely not J,B&M's fault.

I hope you manage to get your Filavac soon BB