Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: RHD2 Updated 6th Oct 2017

Haven't fully updated this with the full August list to date yet, but thought it might be helpful to copy/paste this from the RHD2 (VHD) Facebook group. It lists all of the cases from May to July (and a few from early August) that have been reported to us. As you can see, there are lots and lots and I'm sure there are far more that are unreported.

This thread is to give a monthly round up of all the cases that have been reported to us. Of course we cannot 100% guarantee the accuracy of any case, we have simply reported the information we have been given. Even with this caveat, it is likely that this represents substantial underreporting, as it is only people who are aware of the disease or this group who report cases to us. The lists in this thread commence from May 2017: the data on the map goes back to early 2016.
    A case is a report made to us: a case can include multiple rabbits from one household – up to fifty or more in some instances – or they can be several households (for instance, if a vet reports they have seen a sudden rise in unexplained deaths).
    A confirmed case is one where RHD2 has been confirmed from laboratory testing. A suspected case is one where the number of deaths, and/or the circumstances surrounding any deaths are highly suspicious of RHD2. We do not plot reports of single rabbit deaths unless they are confirmed as RHD2 or there are particular reasons that RHD2 is suspected, as there are many reasons why rabbits may die unexpectedly and we do not want to overload the map with potentially less reliable data.
    Please feel free to share this post and its data - we want to get the message out there that this is a real threat across the whole country!

AUG 2017
    CONFIRMED cases: Blackwater, Dorset, Llanwrst
    SUSPECTED cases: Chelmsford,Huddersfield, Llandudno junction, Penshurst, Redcar, Sudbury

JULY 2017
    CONFIRMED cases: Abingdon, Altrincham, Andover Bedford, Bishops Stortford, Brecon, Bridgend, Canterbury, nr Canterbury, Chippenham, Crediton, Darlington, DE13, Felixstowe, Galashiels, Hednesford, Hockley, Lancaster, Lymm, Northampton, Peldon, Probus, Shalford, SO40, Sompting, St Austell, St Columb Major, Sunderland, Walsall, Warrington, Weston-super-Mare, Whitstable
    SUSPECTED cases: Arbroath, Bangor, Barnsley, Barnsley area, Blackpool, Blackwood, Bournemouth, Brentwood, Bristol, Bristol, Bristol/Bath area, Caerphilly, Cheshire, Chester, Chorley, Colchester, Eastleigh, Grampound Road, Helston, Hinkley, Lancaster, Llanwrst, Lydbrook, Milton Keynes, Neath, Newhall, Newport, Pembury, PL17, Powys, Preston, Redhill, Redruth, Roker, Rugeley, Rugeley, Saltash, Sheffield, Sherborne, Strood, Sunderland, Swindon, Telford, Telford, Vale of Glamorgan, West Sussex, Wolverhampton, Yeovil, Yorkshire Dales

JUNE 2017
    CONFIRMED cases: Bristol, Burgess Hill, Chorley, Dublin, Gloucestershire, Guernsey, Hampshire, Hereford, Sale, Sible Hedingham, Sussex, Wellington, Wigan
    SUSPECTED cases: Bewdley, Brandon, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Cork, East Molesley, Gwent, Hastings, Hatfield Peverel, Hereford, Mildenhall, Oldham, St Helens, Stanford-le-Hope, Windsor, Yateley

MAY 2017
    CONFIRMED cases: Burnley, Crediton, Ewell, Forest of Dean, Great Notley, Hereford, Longlevens, Gloucester, Lydney, Manchester M24, Newbury, Newport, Northampton NN5, Plymouth, Sandwich, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunbury, Thatcham.
    SUSPECTED cases: Barnsley, Braintree, Burgess Hill, Burnley, Gloucester, Hailsham, Halstead, another Halstead, Hastings, Horsham, Oswestry, Romford, St Albans, Tiptree, Tunbridge Wells, Worthing, Yate.
    All data and data back to 2016 can be viewed on the map at http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk
    Looking for RHD2 vaccine or want more info? Join our Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/
    To view reported cases of RHD2 or vets reported to have RHD2 vaccine: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk
    Here's my RHD2 and myxomatosis blog:https://rhd2diary.wordpress.com

Thank you for posting this! Our vet is unable to get the vaccine, but I'm having a visitor this weekend from one of the affected areas, so I've been able to shoot off a quick (panicky!) email. It's really useful, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty's Human View Post
    Thank you for posting this! Our vet is unable to get the vaccine, but I'm having a visitor this weekend from one of the affected areas, so I've been able to shoot off a quick (panicky!) email. It's really useful, thanks!
    Aww no, how worrying.. Have you looked at any other vets local to you?

Our just4pets who has done most of the filavac vaccinations in Newbury, have now announced they are closing! so I've spent most of my morning ringing round all local vets and my two are booked in for their booster next week.

It's so scary, as we have had quite a few confirmed cases down here and even one only an estate away!
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    Aww no, how worrying.. Have you looked at any other vets local to you?
    Unfortunately, these are the only vets we can get to. Any others would require a taxi trip, which on a round trip would probably be somewhere in the region of £30-50, with the cost of vaccinating two rabbits then on top. Unfortunately, we just don't have that kind of money - particularly as we had 10 vet visits in three months recently!

My vet confirmed by autopsy 4 cases in Newtownards area Northern Ireland a few weeks ago . A group of 4 buns. not sure how to update map as I am not on Facebook, maybe it is already on there?
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    My vet confirmed by autopsy 4 cases in Newtownards area Northern Ireland a few weeks ago . A group of 4 buns. not sure how to update map as I am not on Facebook, maybe it is already on there?

Oh how very sad

Hopefully Santa will see this, or you could perhaps PM her to alert her to update the map? x

Yes isn't it I will PM Santa
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

Please help. I'm sure I've lost two to VHD. I've an appt this afternoon to get remaining 19 vaccinated. I'm worried that it's too late and that I'm stressing everyone out to no avail. Three are so old. What should I do? I'm frantically cleaning out alternative accommodation and I've isolated the three boys who shared with their deceased brothers and sprayed everything I could with Johnsons Cean and Safe.
    ANY advice welcome.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Jane1379 View Post
    Please help. I'm sure I've lost two to VHD. I've an appt this afternoon to get remaining 19 vaccinated. I'm worried that it's too late and that I'm stressing everyone out to no avail. Three are so old. What should I do? I'm frantically cleaning out alternative accommodation and I've isolated the three boys who shared with their deceased brothers and sprayed everything I could with Johnsons Cean and Safe.
    ANY advice welcome.
    I am very sorry I would definitely get your remaining Rabbits vaccinated, whilst the vaccine will not help if any of the Rabbits are already incubating the RHD2 virus, it wont make things any worse and it could protect any Rabbit not yet effected.

I dont think the disinfectant spray you have used is effective against RHD2, take a look on here for further information, scroll down to 'Cleaning protocols' and 'Biosecurity'

https://www.twickenhamvets.com/updat...-case-surgery/

I really hope that your remaining Rabbits will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane1379 View Post
    ANY advice welcome.

Jane, welcome to the Forum, and I am so sorry to hear about your rabbits. Whilst you feel it's likely that they have been lost to VHD, unless a post mortem is done, there is no way of knowing.

You are making sure that everything is as clean and disinfected as it can be, and that's the best you can do.

You say VHD - are you feeling this may be VHD2?

Santa on here has some fantastic information, so please look back at her posts.

My vet has also posted some information on this in her blog:

https://www.twickenhamvets.com/updat...-case-surgery/

There's also some information here:

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/own...estions/FAQRHD

Like other viruses, RHD virus will be killed by virucidal disinfectants although removal of all the organic material (the ‘shit factor’) that could be protecting the virus is more important than the brand of disinfectant that is used. Washing hands, clothes and boots as well and cleaning all the dirt from cages and carriers prior to disinfection is important. RHD virus can survive high temperatures and theoretically could survive in the washing machine although washing clothes will help as it removes any organic material that might be protecting it.